Just call me Uncle Tom!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Here are my new Blaemire concert toms, set up around my new Ludwig Keystones. These are made to the same specs as Allen Blaemire's classic fiberglass shells, and are basically an Octaplus configuration, 6 thru 16", except that the 3 small toms are slightly deeper than traditional depths. This is an unashamed tribute to Hal Blaine's Monster Kits, althoug Hal only had 7 toms! :) But the unmistakable sound is there... they just make you want to play Indian Reservation all day long!

Much thanks to Jerry Jenkins and David Martin (Jenkins-Martin Drum Company) for making these happen for me! Listen for them on Al's next album!

blaemire_toms.jpg

Bermuda

...15, 16, 18" floor tom.

I sent Hal a picture, he replied "The toms look beautiful!" Actually, I had mentioned them a while back and he's seen an earlier picture, but today he saw the official "pool shot" that some of my favorite gear gets!

Bermuda

Now that is a super sweet kit. Great pool shot, too.​

6" tom? Insane. BTW, you actually use the pool to swim in occasionally right? It's not just there to serve as a backdrop for drum photos? :)

6" toms aren't a big deal, always a staple of full range tom sets (there were also 2-headed 6" toms.) However, I have replaced it with an additional 8" tom, much more toneful in that range, and doesn't look quite so dinky!

Bermuda

Sweet! I think you should post a demo vid with a beautiful swan dive into the pool for your big finale! :)

Back