Picked up a Pearl Export kit for peanuts!

just got this kit on Thursday. Im going to replace all the drums with aquarian heads and buy some more cymbals. I eventually want to get a rack system and a nice double bass pedal as well. This will be my main drum kit for quite some time. Also i am going to get rid of the two bright red toms. they came off another kit of mine that i just put on there to mess around with. I do eventually want to get a pearl floor tom and another pearl rack tom to complete the set a little more. If i went with vision toms do you think that would be alright? thanks for any input!!!

picture916050.jpg

picture916056.jpg

The Export series is one of the best mid to low-priced kits out there, so congrats on the purchase, it'll be a lot of bang for your buck.

My advice would be to replace any missing parts by ordering them directly from Pearl, and make sure they're Pearl parts. Then, if you want to add toms, see if there are Vision finishes matching the one on the drums you got. Don't forget to look into good new hardware, that's a really big part of having a maintainable set.

Happy drumming!

Id buy a few cymbal felts for about $2 at yoru local shop before you crack some and then youre kicking yourself for the hundreds in new cymbals :)

It is always nice to get drums cheap, for some reason you can never have enough

Id buy a few cymbal felts for about $2 at yoru local shop before you crack some and then youre kicking yourself for the hundreds in new cymbals :)

It is always nice to get drums cheap, for some reason you can never have enough

got a 10 pack of felts coming along with some new replacment parts and heads! ill post back when i get it all together!

Back