My new DW Collectors

gazdrum

This has been a long time dream of mine and today it was fufilled as finally after months this kit was shipped to me in New Zealand.
Maple 10" rack, 15" floor, 22x18" bass and a 14x6" snare all in VLT w/ 18ct gold hardware and kurillian birch outer ply.
Sounds amazing, I got the 15" as I was undecided between a 14" and a 16" for most applications so the 15" will suffice for all styles I play.
Thanks for looking....

Attachments

• Dw1.jpg
    Dw1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,312
  • dw2.jpg
    dw2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,306
  • dw3.jpg
    dw3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,297
  • dw4.jpg
    dw4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,285
  • dw5.jpg
    dw5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,292
Last edited:
mmm califonrian goodness, seen that finish alot with satin hardware didnt like it but gold looks really good.

This has been a long time dream of mine and today it was fufilled as finally after months this kit was shipped to me in New Zealand.
Maple 10" rack, 15" floor, 22x18" bass and a 14x6" snare all in VLT w/ 18ct gold hardware and kurillian birch outer ply.
Sounds amazing, I got the 15" as I was undecided between a 14" and a 16" for most applications so the 15" will suffice for all styles I play.
Thanks for looking....

Oh dude, amazing drums! You need record a video session to show us the sound of this 'big baby'. :)

Congratulations by the drums!

Damn man that gold hardware really puts it over the top. Really sweet kit

w/ 18ct gold hardware and kurillian birch outer ply.

Those are real nice Gaz.. just a note.., as far as I can tell, that IS NOT an outer of "Kurillian".. , but just the regular birch. THIS below is Kurillian.

coll-ex-regalfade-kurillian-lrg.jpg

Those are real nice Gaz.. just a note.., as far as I can tell, that IS NOT an outer of "Kurillian".. , but just the regular birch. THIS below is Kurillian.

coll-ex-regalfade-kurillian-lrg.jpg

Oops. my bad, im a noob when it comes to wood finishes and whats what sorry.

Oops. my bad, im a noob when it comes to wood finishes and whats what sorry.

Thats cool... your drums are killer regardless !! I was just thinking maybe they had quoted/shipped a kit they labeled "kurillian"... which would of been a problem on their part.

Really classy looking drums with the gold hardware. I like the finish too, really pretty. I'm a DW guy as well, so I know how they sound. Enjoy them man and congrats!

Very nice. My Ruby Glass kit with Mirror Chrome bass drum hoops is due in a couple months (as is the rest of the money...eek!).

That's a killer finish you have there. Keep it forever. I've always wondered how a 15 sounds.

wow, that is a killer looking kit!! I loooove the finish. Definitely not something I would of thought of for sure.

Need more pictures though...

-Jonathan

Very cool indeed. Love the colors. Now two questions. Not for you maybe but in general. What are the DW tom heads? Single ply , two ply?? And why do they not put the bass drum badge on the top of the drum rather than just off to the side? Anyway, congrats on the purchase and many years of fun.

Back