NEED HELP IDENTIFYING PEARL? KIT!

Cakco Drums

Hey, got this set off Kijiji a while back, guy said it was a DLX (badge-less). Well it's obviously not, because it's a wrap not a lacquer (originally a solid white wrap), so I assumed it was just a DX and the guy was mistaken. Well after some research, the DX seem to have the export style lugs, whereas mine are pretty different. I have some pictures of the kit after being re-wrapped, and with a non original 13" tom. The "original" looked like plywood, compared to the nicely finished and solid 22" bass drum and 18" floor tom. I had a very nice shell that almost matches wood-wise, so I wrapped it to match (it has the original hardware though).
If my pictures aren't high def enough, let me know and I'll take some close ups of lugs, shell, whatever.
Hope someone can help, thanks.

Attachments

• drums 031.jpg
    drums 031.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 884
  • drums 026.jpg
    drums 026.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 868
  • drums 023.jpg
    drums 023.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 865
  • drums 027.jpg
    drums 027.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 837
  • drums 024.jpg
    drums 024.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 830
  • drums 022.jpg
    drums 022.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 833
  • drums 028.jpg
    drums 028.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 822
  • drums 029.jpg
    drums 029.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 848
I should probably mention that the tom mount piece of hardware on the bass drum says Pearl, but this could mean anything because the 14" by 14" tom I got with it had been re-lugged to match.
I'm fairly confident it's an old Pearl, but no idea what model.

Yeah I have no clue.
Someone commented on my ad when I had them for sale and called them "Northshore lugs". Maybe that's a clue? If it's not Pearl someone tried hard to make it look like it.
The floor tom legs are the same memory-locking heavy-duty kind that the BLX has, everything has matching black gaskets, and the tom mount part says Pearl and is raised off the bass drum so it's only making contact in the four corners where the screws are. Looks pretty pro for a vintage Pearl.. I'm befuzzled.

There used to be an old ad on Google from the 80's showing the Pearl DX or DLX in white, which was what mine was, but I can't find it now to see if the lugs match!

I'm using it for my practice/small-to-mid-size gigging kit, so it would be nice to find out what it is, or was if it's been switched around shell and part-wise. Hmmm

AH! Are they the Pearl GLX? ANYONE GOT ONE?
I've found a couple pictures and so far they match pretty close. can't tell if the lugs are the exact same, but they sure are close looking. I'll keep looking for pictures. Anyone with a GLX, is this it, and what do you think of yours?

Looks very much like a Pearl World Series to me. Same hardware, base drum mount and spurs, and lugs. Late 80's kit, one step above an Export and one below their best stuff back then.

THANKS! They are definitely a world-series, didn't even think to check out that one in depth, but found a couple close-ups and they are spot on.
So, what are your experiences and feelings about world-series? dece?
I'm going to look em up now, but I would love to hear opinions on them.

Back