18.5 KB · Views: 756
  • trixon 1.jpg
    trixon 1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 737
  • trixon 2.jpg
    trixon 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 719
Super cool. That's a kit you hardly (if ever) see on a stage.​

Very cool! My very first drum set was a Trixon Telstar in Blue. Wish I still had it.

OK, Sound samples please!
Most of us have never heard a Trixon in action.

that kit is gorgeous

is it a vintage Trixon or a remake from the revival?

It's an original kit. I purchased it from Johnny Lightning before he passed away. I think he had the largest collection at the time and was a fantastic drummer out of New York.

I bugged him for almost a year before he decided to sell them to me! I’ve played them for well over two hundred gigs and decided to park them in my studio as art before I break something or worse stolen.
The pictures really don’t do them justice, I remember playing them at the House of Blues and during setup the lighting guy kept throwing every black light he had on the kit because he couldn’t believe how much they were glowing.

Anyway I’m currently in the studio working with another band and I’m going to use them for a couple of songs. I’ll be sure to grab a sample of the drums to post. They have an extremely flat sound (50’s-early 70’s) on the bass drum that I cannot replicate with my other kits (70’s Rogers, 07 Mapex Saturn) The tom and floor tom are very deep sounding and finish off with a nice overtone ring to them. I’ve never played the snare because of the rarity of it. All the drums are conical shaped, bass drum has a batter 20” and16” resonant, rack tom has a 13” batter 10” bottom, Floor tom 16” Batter and 14” bottom, The snare is a 14” top 13” bottom. They did have a 18”-14” floor tom as an option and I’ve been looking for one for the last 10 years.

Attachments

• lwe2.jpg
    lwe2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 550
  • saturn 1.jpg
    saturn 1.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 543
Back