This CUSTOM KIT!!!! is now FOR SALE! Pm me.

Well, I was looking to replace my first drum kit (which was cheap and shitty, but got the job done), so I wanted something special.

Long story short, I decided to build my own drums. They turned out great, they sound amazing.

Here are the specs:
All Keller Maple shells Toms 6-ply, bass 8-ply
Toms, 12x6, 14x10, 16x14
The bass is 22x24

All the lugs are brass tube lugs, Offset. (This was a tricky process because I had to hand measure and drill each offset hole.)

All maple wood hoops, stained Ebony/ mahogany. The kit was stained a "custom" green that they mixed up for me at my local paint depot area place.

All in all... amazing. Tell me what you think!!!

(NOTE: they were behind a glass noise-booth thing during photo's... mind the glare.)

2h5pv6o.jpg

2zdmvk1.jpg

2ljnr6a.jpg

2pz9ua9.jpg

Re: My New Custom (Home Made) Drum Kit - What Do You Think?

Very cool.

They look great! I bet they sound great too.

Was it difficult to build?

Mike

Very cool.

They look great! I bet they sound great too.

Was it difficult to build?

Mike

Not bad actually. Staining and finishing was really easy. Drilling the holes made me a little scared because it had to be exact or the hoops wouldn't fit on right. But it didn't really take me over a week from start to finish to do them. And that's with maybe 2 hours of work a day.

There has to be a special feeling about making your own drums. These look fantastic and most importantly, very unique. Great job.

One question, it looks as if there are 8 lugs on each kick drum hoop, but only 4 working claws on the reso. Do I have that right?

Excellent project I have to admit.
How long did it take you to build and how much did it cost totally?

That is a very nice set, you did an awesome job. I love the size of that kick. And the color is quite unique, almost a moss color. Very nice.

The heck? Are your heads green, too? Or I have just gone a little yumpy?

Either way, that's a beautiful kit, man. You must be so proud of yourself (and rightly so). I couldn't build drums if you gave me the shells, rims, mounts, lugs, and professional drum builder.

Very nice job.

I know what you mean by"scared" drilling into the drums. Great job!

Looks like a nice job on the kit, the only thing is that you should have made a snare too!

The heck? Are your heads green, too? Or I have just gone a little yumpy?

Either way, that's a beautiful kit, man. You must be so proud of yourself (and rightly so). I couldn't build drums if you gave me the shells, rims, mounts, lugs, and professional drum builder.

Very nice job.

Looks like he stained the inside as well thats why thinkin the heads are green :p

There has to be a special feeling about making your own drums. These look fantastic and most importantly, very unique. Great job.

One question, it looks as if there are 8 lugs on each kick drum hoop, but only 4 working claws on the reso. Do I have that right?

Partially. I ordered an in the wrong size of tension screws. So in the meantime I had to steal them from my old kit. However, do to the overall cheapness of my old kit, there were four lugs that used screws with improperly sized threads. So 4 screws wouldn't fit. Hence I only could use four on the front head for the time being.

Excellent project I have to admit.
How long did it take you to build and how much did it cost totally?

Had I startede with everything I needed, it would have taken a week. However I had to take a break before I got the hoops and heads in. I could have done it in one week, with about 2 hours of work a day.

Just below $2000 for the 3 tioms and the bass. Not cheap... but I think it was worth it. No remorse.

Partially. I ordered an in the wrong size of tension screws. So in the meantime I had to steal them from my old kit. However, do to the overall cheapness of my old kit, there were four lugs that used screws with improperly sized threads. So 4 screws wouldn't fit. Hence I only could use four on the front head for the time being.

Very well. You will continue to get compliments on this kit for a long while - and deservedly so. It was such a worth-while project. Good work.

Would you mind making me 14x16 and 16x18 floor toms...

not to mention fantastic job making those you need to make some audios of you playing them right away.

Wow!Beautiful drumset!I like the Wooden-Hoop very much!Great Job!!!

That is officially my new drum set. So i'll be waiting for it in the mail?

Looks very nice. I just finished my own set about 9 months ago, although mine is considerably different. Love the look of it though. You can check mine out. Search for "My Custom/Home Built Bop Kit" and it should show up.

Back