Show your stage set

ncc

Silver Member
I thought it would be fun to add a thread here for people to show and comment on what they and others are using on stage and/or in the studio.

Ill start with mine :)

Attachments

• drums 2014.png
    drums 2014.png
    143.3 KB · Views: 2,223
Last edited:
No electronics, I normally play bars, wedding and corp events.

I went with a wrap for the gig kit

bd_gig_small.jpg

I made a 'dream' setup based off of what I wish to have for my primary musical focus.

Screenshot%202014-03-04%2021.55.37.png

Of course, it's in the Meinl builder, but the majority of cymbals I want are Meinl anyways. I'll list what non-meinl cymbals aren't represented, and what I have now below from left to right:

First off, the far-left crash right now is a Dream Dark Matter Energy 20" ride. Very crashable, surprisingly... The small china I have now is a 12" wuhan-like one that I like. However, my ideal one is the 14" HHX Evolution china. The mid-left side crash I have now is a 16" HHX Evolution, but the one I'd use in this band would be a 17" Istanbul Agop Xist brilliant finish. I do have the HCS bell on top, though, and that cymbal is an insane value. My current left-side hats are the 14" Dark Spectrums (super, super good), though what I want for this project are darker & washier left hats and tighter & brighter right hats... currently, I have a dark & tight pair and a bright & washy pair :\ I intend to purchase some 15" Dream Bliss hats, since the Byzance Mediums are a bit heavy for me. The left splash is currently a 6" Sabian B8, again a great value splash, though the ideal is a 7" HHX Evolution.

The right splash is currently a really nice and mellow 10" Saluda Glory, though I'd prefer a matching 10" HHX Evolution for this project. The right-side hats I mentioned are a Zildjian prototype crash top and Saluda Glory vented bottom. The ride, I haven't totally decided on- I might use my 20" HHX Omni, though the bell's a little weak for this music. The ideal would be either that or a TRX 21" ALT Big Bell ride- less crashable but better for riding. The stack is currently a 17" AA Holy China and 14" A Custom EFX, and I have no intention of changing that. The china is also currently the 17" Holy China... haven't got any other chinas :(. The right side crash is currently a 21" HHX Legacy ride, though the ideal is either a 19" Byzance Brilliant Medium Thin or 19" Mb20 Heavy (not really that heavy) crash, depending on how I feel about them.

Tl;dr, cymbals are cool and I like them? With my current band, it's just the Zildjian/Saluda hats, the Evolution crash, the HHX Omni, and the Holy China.

well, i have a nicer wood grain kit, but I prefer playing out with my jellybean lately. lol
i guess it gets the ugly duckling award. more like a 'licorice' jellybean.

slingy5c.jpg

I think it looks quite nice! The chrome and black (or dark something) snare and toms don't clash against the nice wrap on the kick.

Well, they're old drums and sound good, thats all. I mostly just try to be a contrarian and the band I'm in doesn't care too much about 'looks'.

Here is one of my four gigging kits. Gretsch USA Custom Espresso Burst, Yamaha Steve Jordan snare and Paiste 602 cymbals (14" SE hihats, 16" and 18" thin crashes and a 20" Medium ride).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 2,233
Oh, I forgot to do an actual picture... Here ya go.

coolfrontsmall.jpg

DaVille Drumworks purpleheart stave, 10-12-15-20 with a 13" DaVille Padauk stave snare. The cymbals in this picture are my 17" Holy China, 20" Omni, 12" No-name China/14" A Custom EFX, 18" Evolution Crash, 14" Zildjian/Saluda hats, and 10" Saluda splash.

My Yamaha Stage Custom Birch in Raven Black in bop sizes: 18" x 15" bass, 12" x 8" rack and 14" x 13" floor tom, here shown with 14" x 6" Maple Custom Absolute snare. Cymbals: 14" K Light hats, 16" Constantinople crash, 17" K China and 20" K Light Flat ride.

Dutch

Attachments

• SCB bop 2.jpg
    SCB bop 2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2,099
Last edited:
Ludwig Keystone 14x24, 8x12, 9x13, 16x16 in Black Abalone, 6.5x14 Black Beauty, 14" Sabian Paragon hats, 16/18/20" Paragon crashes, 22" Paragon ride, 20" paragon China, Taye Metalworks pedal, ButtKicker, old Pearl rack, Stanley shop fan at left. :)

birdseyeview2.jpg

Last edited:
The 20" is pretty brash and a little high-pitched for its size, but it cuts well and is sufficiently trashy.

I keep an '80s AA China as a spare on tour, but haven't brought it out in a while.

Bermuda

vqzqS5h.jpg

Yeah, it's a studio picture, but it's the same kit I use live.

Ludwig Stainless Steel (mid-70s)
9x13
16x16
14x22
6.5x14 LM402

Paiste:
14" 3000 Medium Hats
19" Dark Energy Crash
21" Sig. Dark Full Ride
18" Sig. Mellow Crash

This is my cut down version of the kit. I cut the rack to 36" from stock 48". It's quick to set up and keeps relatively small foot print while maintaining a 5pc. No more boom stands; just hang and play.

Attachments

• 20130323_175610.jpg
    20130323_175610.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 2,028
I made a 'dream' setup based off of what I wish to have for my primary musical focus.

Screenshot%202014-03-04%2021.55.37.png

Of course, it's in the Meinl builder, but the majority of cymbals I want are Meinl anyways. I'll list what non-meinl cymbals aren't represented, and what I have now below from left to right:

First off, the far-left crash right now is a Dream Dark Matter Energy 20" ride. Very crashable, surprisingly... The small china I have now is a 12" wuhan-like one that I like. However, my ideal one is the 14" HHX Evolution china. The mid-left side crash I have now is a 16" HHX Evolution, but the one I'd use in this band would be a 17" Istanbul Agop Xist brilliant finish. I do have the HCS bell on top, though, and that cymbal is an insane value. My current left-side hats are the 14" Dark Spectrums (super, super good), though what I want for this project are darker & washier left hats and tighter & brighter right hats... currently, I have a dark & tight pair and a bright & washy pair :\ I intend to purchase some 15" Dream Bliss hats, since the Byzance Mediums are a bit heavy for me. The left splash is currently a 6" Sabian B8, again a great value splash, though the ideal is a 7" HHX Evolution.

The right splash is currently a really nice and mellow 10" Saluda Glory, though I'd prefer a matching 10" HHX Evolution for this project. The right-side hats I mentioned are a Zildjian prototype crash top and Saluda Glory vented bottom. The ride, I haven't totally decided on- I might use my 20" HHX Omni, though the bell's a little weak for this music. The ideal would be either that or a TRX 21" ALT Big Bell ride- less crashable but better for riding. The stack is currently a 17" AA Holy China and 14" A Custom EFX, and I have no intention of changing that. The china is also currently the 17" Holy China... haven't got any other chinas :(. The right side crash is currently a 21" HHX Legacy ride, though the ideal is either a 19" Byzance Brilliant Medium Thin or 19" Mb20 Heavy (not really that heavy) crash, depending on how I feel about them.

Tl;dr, cymbals are cool and I like them? With my current band, it's just the Zildjian/Saluda hats, the Evolution crash, the HHX Omni, and the Holy China.
The Mb20 Heavy Crash isn't very heavy but cuts through anything!

The Mb20 Heavy Crash isn't very heavy but cuts through anything!

Yeah, I really want one. It's not super heavy like many Sabians or Zildjians, it's thinned at the edges as well, and it's hammered to hell and back so it seems easier to open up. The prices on Mb20s are pretty high but definitely worth it to me. If anybody has any used ones, I'll be so kind as to take them off your hands :)

Back