14" Zildjian Amir II Hats
18" Sabian AAX Stage Crash
20" Sabian AAX Metal Ride
100_0761.jpg

100_0757.jpg

100_0756.jpg

100_0759.jpg

100_0758.jpg

Love the new New Classics, and the finish is my fave. can you tell me what the Tom heads are and how they sound? thanks.

that looks real nice.
I have 2 questions:
What is the other crash, and how do you like having a 12" snare as main snare? Isn't it very small?

Bram

that looks real nice.
I have 2 questions:
What is the other crash, and how do you like having a 12" snare as main snare? Isn't it very small?

Bram

The other crash is a 20" Zildjian Amir II Ride; it sounds great as a crash, i just don't like the look they have. I've grown used to the size of the snare, and i love the sound of it.

Love these! I actually wanted some New Classics but they're very hard to find in these sizes. I went with Renown instead and am really enjoying them.

New Classics have graduating thickness on the shells as they get larger in diameter, correct? How thick is the floor tom?

Enjoy!

Love these! I actually wanted some New Classics but they're very hard to find in these sizes. I went with Renown instead and am really enjoying them.

New Classics have graduating thickness on the shells as they get larger in diameter, correct? How thick is the floor tom?

Enjoy!

Correct. Floor tom is 6 ply 7.5mm

Correct. Floor tom is 6 ply 7.5mm

Is it tough to tune really low (assuming you've even tried to go absurdly low?) I own (and love) Renowns but thought about picking up some New Classics, too. The one thing holding me back is the graduating thickness of the shells. I had a Pearl Masters MCX kit and the shells were 7mm thick...and the floor tom had a very limited tuning range. Due to the thickness it wouldn't tune as low as I would have liked it. I can get the thin Renown shell lower than I'd even want to...it has quite a range.

Is it tough to tune really low (assuming you've even tried to go absurdly low?) I own (and love) Renowns but thought about picking up some New Classics, too. The one thing holding me back is the graduating thickness of the shells. I had a Pearl Masters MCX kit and the shells were 7mm thick...and the floor tom had a very limited tuning range. Due to the thickness it wouldn't tune as low as I would have liked it. I can get the thin Renown shell lower than I'd even want to...it has quite a range.

Surprisingly, no. I have it currently tuned low and it sounds great. No troubles with it yet.

Love that kit!
I was recently going to get a Gretsch Kit, because I love how Vinnie Colaiuta's kit sounds.

Do you plan on getting a Gretsch snare? How's that Yamaha one?

-Dylan

Channeling Tony Williams with those CS dot heads? Nice drumset, I have a renown and would love to play a set of new classics if i ever get the chance. the finish is gorgeous.

I just picked up my new classics in satin maple on Saturday and am thoroughly impressed!! My sizes are 10", 12", 14" and 18x22". The BD has a life all it's own!!

Back