My Mapex Orion LE Ocean Wave Burst finish

death2fire

Hi there guys , i'm new here!

Few days ago I bought this monster kit !

Mapex Orion SE Ocean Wave Burst ,

10x8 , 12x9 , 14x14 , 16x16 , 22x18

What do you think ?

I found some information on the Internet that there are only 10kits in the

world in this finish , is it true?

What do you think ? Comments?

Cymbals :
14'' Acustom Mastersound hihat
17'' Acustom Projection crash
18'' Acustom Projection crash
19'' Acustom Projection crash
21'' Zcustom Mega bell ride
20'' Oriental Trash

Pearl Demon Drive double pedal , ddrum - tama - gibraltar hardware!

img20141101113152-kopira.jpg

img20141101113223-kopira.jpg

img20141101113240-kopira.jpg

img20141101113310-kopira.jpg

img20141101113330-kopira.jpg

pb010019-kopiraj.jpg

Looks great!! Just take off those "Mapex 2.3mm Power Hoops" stickers.

KamaK, that exact kit finish is one of my two all-time favorite finishes (the other being Sonor's 5-Star Special Edition kit with Ebony Makassar veneer & gold hardware). I lusted over that finish when I first saw pictures of it when it was released! It's simply stunning in pictures, I can only imagine it's a wet dream in person.

I think there's gotta be a lot more than 10 kits, because I saw one on sale at an online drum store a month or two ago for a very reasonable price...I think it was under 2 grand. I don't think there are many of them out there, but must be a lot more than 10.

I also would remove those ugly stickers from the black rims. Just heat them up with a heat gun and peel them right off. Even a hair dryer will work.

That is one nice looking kit, and I bet it sounds just as good. Peace and goodwill.

Gorgeous finish. That was the exact color scheme I was going for with my DW's. Except the blue paint on the yellowish olive ash burl outer veneer resulted in a greenish color. A gorgeous green, but still green.

I was going for your exact color scheme, so it speaks to me. Mapex makes nice stuff.

Very nice but what is with the hi hat pedal?

Last edited:
Nice kit!! Just bought my first pro level Mapex kit myself. Awesome!

Thank you guys! I love the look of the kit too and the sound is nice!

About the hi hat pedal, i don't use it too much, 95% of my playing is with open

hi hat, so it stays the way it is.

I really like the lacquer finish on the shells, my oersonal preference would be for Chrome hardware rather than the black Chrome . Regardless the kit looks very nice indeed. That is a very nice Alpi veneer on that kit.

The kit is for sale!!
If anyone from EUROPE is interested, please send me PM.
I'm not sending by post, only pickup in Croatia.

Found this on the net :

"Mapex USA has once again released a highly collectible edition of its Orion series. This component pack, limited to only twelve sets, features a hand-selected matched burl exterior veneer that is finished in the exclusive Ocean Wave Burst high gloss lacquer.

The component pack includes drums only and includes a 22″ x 18″ bass drum, 10″ x 8″ and 12″ x 9″ rack toms, 14″ x 14″ and 16″ x 16″ floor toms, and a 14″ x 5.5″ snare drum. Hardware is sold separately.

Like all Orion drums, this set features the Orion’s ultra-thin seven-ply North American maple shell. The result is unmatched bright and rich tone and remarkable resonance that has made the Orion series the Mapex flagship.

"

Yet my speculations about 10pieces (12) in the world are proved to be true.

Last edited:
Back