14 x 5 Gretsch Birdseye Maple Snare

MicB

Hey guys,

Have his this baby for few years now and it has been my only snare since the stock one that came with my kit.. can't see myself buying a new one anytime soon. Here are some pics! I don't see a lot of these snares around is there anyone else that has used one or owns one please let me know how you find it cause im lovin' it!

6229080921_808476f889_z.jpg

6229048839_4a909924bb_z.jpg

6229041205_121c048cba_z.jpg

Totally feel the same way about gold hardware but something about this snare was different. Love at first sight (and listen haha)

Where has the drum been that it has so much pitting on it. I love the drum but the pitting is really saddening.

Where has the drum been that it has so much pitting on it. I love the drum but the pitting is really saddening.

What is "pitting" anyway? I thought it was when the drumsticks leave pockmarks or dents in the head.

Gorgeous snare drum though. Clean those rims! lol

-Jonathan

Unfortunately I had bought a Gator case for that snare. Gators cases are now known (Obviously I wasn't aware back then) for a cheap glue inside the case which actualy doesn't react well with hardware on snares hence the pitting. :(

What is "pitting" anyway? I thought it was when the drumsticks leave pockmarks or dents in the head.

Gorgeous snare drum though. Clean those rims! lol

-Jonathan

Pitting, is the rusty looking "pock" marks on the metal bits.

Back