Zildjian K/Z hihats!

drums_n_surf

I just won these on ebay for a great price! They are 13" K/Z hihats.
Going to pick them up on Saturday, and out goes the ZBT's :)
Here are the pics from ebay, shall post more when i get them.

What do you think of em?

79e1_1.jpg

967e_1.jpg

967e_0.jpg

nice find! you'll have to let us know what kind of sound you get from them, congrats!

thanks for all the comments, ill be sure to let you know how they sound when i get them. As to how much i got them for, it was $220, so it was a bargain.

i own two pairs of 13" K/Z's and i love them. you will definately be happy with them. congrats!

The whole idea:

Complex dark-ish flavor with the top hat, bright, heavy cutting bottom hat for better projection.

i own two pairs of 13" K/Z's and i love them. you will definately be happy with them. congrats!

The whole idea:

Complex dark-ish flavor with the top hat, bright, heavy cutting bottom hat for better projection.

Yeah, from what I've heard of them in stores, thats the general idea I've got. I was wondering, since it's a combination of two different hats, what ride would suit it? I'm obviously going to go to the store and check it out, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before hand.

Yeah, from what I've heard of them in stores, thats the general idea I've got. I was wondering, since it's a combination of two different hats, what ride would suit it? I'm obviously going to go to the store and check it out, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before hand.

Try out a 20" K Custom Ride. That's one of the rides I have with my setup and IMO it compliments my k/z's. I'd definately try out a bunch of different rides to find the right one. Best of luck.

Congrats man! These are just like mine... I absolutely LOVE these hats... Incredible sound and versatility... I really think that I will never stop using these hats, It's the first pair of hi-hats I bought and probably the last. Also got mine for a bargain a long time ago...

Well i have had a good play of em for a couple of hours and my inital reaction was...uh, these don't sound too much different to my ZBT's, just with a few less of the bright, harsh overtones...but after playing them for a good hour, i found myself in love with them, and was able to get the different kinds of sounds that you just can't get in a ZBT. When closed tightly, they gave a dry and defined sound, but still had the cutting power. The hats sound amazing half-open and really would be useful in louder music. They seem to be pretty versatile, and i'm looking forward to playing them in my band next week.

The K/Z combo has been around for a long time. There's a reason for that. They're great hats!

Well i have had a good play of em for a couple of hours and my inital reaction was...uh, these don't sound too much different to my ZBT's, just with a few less of the bright, harsh overtones...but after playing them for a good hour, i found myself in love with them, and was able to get the different kinds of sounds that you just can't get in a ZBT. When closed tightly, they gave a dry and defined sound, but still had the cutting power. The hats sound amazing half-open and really would be useful in louder music. They seem to be pretty versatile, and i'm looking forward to playing them in my band next week.

Yeah the ZBT's are the cheapest alloy stamped out quickly. After playing A customs and others, and stepping down to a ZBT (in a store or on someones kit) :

The dull clankiness and limited dynamics of the ZBT will stick out like a sore thumb.

Back