DW Update/22" KCD Ride/Ludwig BB/Gig Pics!!!

RHD03

So, a few updates since the last picture thread. Having a week or so to mess with the set up and get the rest of the hardware in I think this is the set up that will stick for me. I wasn’t happy with the two toms on the cymbal stand before so I got a DW double tom stand which left me free to position the crash cymbal the way it was most comfortable…and it looks much better too! The new ride cymbal and the Ludwig BB are also attributing to the updates in this picture thread!! And just to make it official – specs:

DW Blue Glass
23X16
10X8
12X9
14X12
16X14

Ludwig Black Beauty
Hand Hammered Shell
Tube Lugs
14X6.5

14” Zildjian A Custom Hi Hats
13 & ¼” Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Hi Hats
17” Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Crash
18” Zildjian A Custom Crash
22” Zildjian K Custom Dark Ride
17” Zildjian K Custom Dark China

And the pics!! :)

We had a gig this Saturday night, and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take out the new babies for a test run! As you can see the stage wasn’t very big, but the rest of the bar was pretty good size and we had a great crowd show up! We also had a professional photographer come out and snap some action shots of the band. I can’t wait to see how they came out because they looked AMAZING on his digital camera!! When we get them I will have to post those too!
The DWs did not disappoint. I don’t even know how many compliments I got on them from the way they sounded to the way they looked on stage! They were even described as “sexy” from a few of the women that came out to see us…could there be a better compliment?? :)
As soon as we were ready to do the sound check, we started with the kick. I ported the reso head that afternoon just in case we couldn’t get a good sound without a port. The 23” kick almost sounded miced before we ran it through the system! It had the best boom I have heard out of any of the kits I have owned!! The Black Beauty left me speechless with it’s crack, body and projection. The toms were very warm and projected very nicely throughout the night. Even going into the third set of the night, we were getting tired but the DWs never quit! Even though the heads are pretty new on this kit it held it tuning perfectly throughout the entire night.
Needless to say, I don’t regret my decision in picking these up in the slightest bit! I wish I was better with expressing how great they sound but that’s just not one of my strong points. Anyways, I got a few pics before the show started so enjoy! :D

awesome man!!

was the snare miked too? or just kick?

and was this the show at City Rock?

Alex

Thanks! The snare was miced too. It was at City Rock...but they moved the live room to the downstairs bar. Seemed to me that the stage was bigger in the other room where we have played a few times. But over all it was a great show!

Awesome shots - the gig pics are especially hot! That kit would look great with some mega lighting!

Awesome shots - the gig pics are especially hot! That kit would look great with some mega lighting!

Thank you! The lighting situation wasn't great...but the photographer we hired to take some action shots got some really cool stuff. I'll post those when we get them next week!!

Thanks guys! Spot on the the Emps. And I still have the Pearl...it's not going anywhere! :)

o well, my kit stays in my house and im not in a band so i only need 1 kit and i don't have to take cymbals to and from

Dude, that kit is HOT!!! Love the blue sparkle and the shots that you have, it has to sound as amazing as it looks...cannot wait to see the action shots. Thanks for sharing.

JIM

helluva nice kit and that 22" K Custom must be your favorite cymbal, it would be mine ;-)

o well, my kit stays in my house and im not in a band so i only need 1 kit and i don't have to take cymbals to and from

Well, if you are ever in a band you would appreciate the ease of ONLY having to take cymbals to and from.

Dude, that kit is HOT!!! Love the blue sparkle and the shots that you have, it has to sound as amazing as it looks...cannot wait to see the action shots. Thanks for sharing.

JIM

Thanks Jim! And it sounds better than it looks! Can't wait to get these babies in the studio! :)

helluva nice kit and that 22" K Custom must be your favorite cymbal, it would be mine ;-)

Thank you! It might be my fav...but to be honest the 20" KCH still gives it some stiff competition!! :)

Thank you! It might be my fav...but to be honest the 20" KCH still gives it some stiff competition!! :)

anyone who bugged him alot in his last thread would know that =P

and do you ahve to take stands back and forth too or do you have the rack at practice place?

Back