New Guy from MD

Huckleberry

Greetings all! New guy checking in from the northeast part of Maryland - new to the forums and to drumming. I picked up guitar about ten years ago and I love it but I've wanted to play the drums since I was a child. Finally, at the age of 28, I went out and bought a used kit over the weekend (patience is a virtue and all that....). It's a Mapex Venus and I think it will serve me well while I learn the basics. It was a great deal and I couldn't pass it up. I'm pretty excited to start my lessons, which kick off this coming Wednesday. Seems like a great community here and I hope to become a familiar "face" around these parts while I pick up some valuable information.

Cheers!

Greetings from an old guy from Maryland. Live in Florida now but grew up in Catonsville. My son and his family are in New Market by Frederick. This is a great community in which to exchange ideas. Let us know how the lessons go and welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome! You will enjoy being a member here. I am a newb also and I have gotten so much help from folks here - there are lots of pros and serious hobbyists who know their sh1t. Do not be afraid to post "stupid" questions - 9 times out 10 your stupid question will be one that someone else is afraid to ask. I will add that b4 asking the stupid question do give the search feature a run :)

Mike

Back