NEW KIT! Wells Custom 8-Piece Sparkle Kit. 25 POUND SNARE!

Deedee

Alright, here's what I got for essentially $1300 CDN (complicated trades and stuff) on craigslist, from the well known snare maker Peter Potyondi. Great guy who makes great snares!

- Wells custom drum kit in purple sparkle: 10 x 8 tom (RIMS suspended), 12 x 12 floor tom (RIMS suspended), 14 x 14 floor tom, 20 x 18 bass drum, 16 x 16 bass drum, 12 x 6 snare.
- 10 x 3.5 Wells custom red sparkle popcorn snare with a Y.E.S.S. mount and a ball adjustment
- 13 x 5.5 Potyondi Junior steel shell cast machined snare drum, in a blue finish. This sucker weighs 25 pounds! One piece of steel, perfect bearing edges, sounds killer.
- 3 Tama RoadPro boom stands, a RoadPro boom attachment, and a RoadPro snare stand.
- Iron Cobra double-chain pedals (one of the newer versions), and Iron Cobra strap-driven Hi-Hat stand.
- 20" Sabian Hand-Hammered Crash/Ride
- 16" HHX Evolution Crash
- 14" AAX Stage Hats
- 16" B8 Crash (replaced by A custom in the photos)

The pictures are of my 'big kit' set-up. I will post another thread (for the sake of my signature and amount of pictures) of the smaller version, my 'small gigs kit', with the 12" matching snare and the 16" bass drum.

Thanks for looking, and I love to hear what you have to say as always. (I've been posting for months but recently got a new account). Ten bucks says someone bashes me on the colour, aha.

Attachments

• drums 024.jpg
    drums 024.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 1,879
  • drums 025.jpg
    drums 025.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • drums 026.jpg
    drums 026.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • drums 027.jpg
    drums 027.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 1,483
  • drums 031.jpg
    drums 031.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 1,439
  • drums 033.jpg
    drums 033.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 1,414
  • drums 037.jpg
    drums 037.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 1,434
  • drums 038.jpg
    drums 038.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 1,420
  • drums 040.jpg
    drums 040.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 1,368
  • drums 041.jpg
    drums 041.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 1,566
What's wrong with purple sparkle ? I once recovered o vintage Ludwig kit in purple sparkle. The most important thing is how they sound, they look like they would sound fantastic. I love em, only thing I might change is the ebony heads on your toms, I don't even like ebony heads on the kick drum..
Your kick is the same size as mine only mine has ten lugs per side, here's a photo, heh, maybe this can be the 18x20 sparkle kick drum thread.
dsc01976m.jpg

No don't get me wrong, I love the colour. Especially with the red snare. Kind of a cool/weird colour combo. I just think I'll get made fun of at some point by a purple hater/metal dude.
I have it set up even crazier now, with the 12" tuned up and placed left of the 10".
They sound absolutely amazing. I smacked the bass drum once and knew. That thing is a cannon for a 20"!
I had wanted to get into double kick, and I sat down for basically my first time with double kick other than messing around a couple times and getting frustrated, and I was instantly able to keep even patterns, and incorporate them into fills, which made me so so happy. It's just a great kit all around, everything is easy and fun as hell to play. Cymbals are nuts as well, wow.
Why don't you like ebony's? I think they sound pretty good, lots of tone and punch. Look pretty cool too. When they wear out I'll switch them, but I haven't decided what to yet. Possibly some EC2's, maaaybe powerstrokes, I likes those on my 70's Slingerland kit a lot.

Well, I guess I'm just old fashioned, I'm sure they sound good, it's more of a cosmetic issue.

Haha fair enough. I do prefer clear or coated batters, but I'm not real picky.
Very sexy set, I'm totally down for a 20" x 18" kick thread. Show them all!
My new favourite. It's the perfect combo of convenience and punch.

Nice kit man, Purple Sparkle is freaking awesome. I'm thinking about refinishing my drums in the same color. With the aux. snare left of the rack tom, I would guess that you play open-handed?

Nice kit man, Purple Sparkle is freaking awesome. I'm thinking about refinishing my drums in the same color. With the aux. snare left of the rack tom, I would guess that you play open-handed?

It's a good choice, looks super.
I actually don't, but I'm gonna attempt to teach myself that and double kick, and so far it's working out better than I expected.
I can do them both somewhat right off the bat, so it's motivation to practice it and get comfortable.

Last edited:
Back