DW Performance New Finish! Pics!

cwmize5

Well guys, a while back i posted how i could not stand the ebony stain finish that came on my dw performance kit. I just could not get past that it was purple under the lights. So what did i do? I changed it! Had it professionally wrapped in a professional grade black gloss wrap. I love the classic clean black look. It is Elegant and fits every setting.

Here are the results!

dw kit 1.jpg

dw kit 2.jpg

dw kit 3.jpg

Well guys, a few minutes back I noticed someone posted something in the wrong section and I just could not get past that. So what did I do? I changed it! Had it professionally moved into the proper section. I love posts being placed in the respective sections. It is elegant.

[*sorry, couldn't resist... can you forgive me? pleeez* ;-)]

Seriously, those are cool drums! The pics could be a bit nicer though but you might add a few more?

BEAUTIFUL KIT!!

How go you get back there to play it though?

Looks really good.. I've been kinda kicking myself for not sticking with black when I bought my DWs but, like you, didn't like the black stain look. I'm not much of a fan of wraps but that looks incredible.
Oh.. any benefit to hanging your rack toms like that instead of having the arm mounts up?

Did it change the sound at all from before to adding the wrap???

ARKY - Thank you for your administrating powers that correct my mistakes... and love the humor!

XENO - Drums may be a bit more resonant by having the tom holders facing down..

GRUNTERSDAD - No change at all! I was sort of shocked because the wrap used is a bit more thick than usual. Sounds just like she did before which is incredible!

Hey, that's cool! Glad you weren't offended. You never know... It was a bit risky doing so - people are different.

Back