THE GOOD SNARE THREAD

I just bought this beauty on ebay and have had it now for four days. It's in "used" condition, but considering its age I'm very happy with it - no rust or bad marks, just very minor (but extensive) chipping to the black chrome plating... and the sound... WOW!

Mapex Black Panther "Deep Forest" Limited Edition Vavona Burl with Black Chrome Hardware 14x5.5

newbpsnare.jpg

newbpsnare2.jpg

I have bought a second hand Tama Rockstar snare and just love the way it sounds!

Check out our unique sounding Walnut Log Series snare drums at hovlandhandcrafteddrums.com and let me know what you think. I know your out there.Don`t be shy.Drummers of the World.KH( Hovland Handcrafted Drums)Thanks.

Last edited:
http://youtu.be/5oEFOlrjg2s

I use a Mapex MPX Snare and a 1960's Premier kit with dark blue wrap (Not sure on wood type but has reinforcement rings and internal adjustable dampers)

Cymbals are OLD OLD Zildjian circa 1950's and a new A Custom Projection 16"

Evans Genera G2's but looking to upgrade to Remo Ambassadors

SuperDrum12

Hey all. Wow, can you feel the snare love?

I recently had the chance to play with the SuperDrum12 14x8 chrome snare. This is an awesome sounding snare - a pro snare at a value price. I've written a complete review of the snare, so if you're in the market, you may want to check this one out.

Product Review: SuperDrum12 14x8 Chrome Snare

Yup, there are a few pictures there as well. :)

Does anybody know about the ludwig steel snare. I saw it on musicians friend and it has no reviews or anything. Its the one thats 100.75

I picked up this Ludwig Epic Centurian Snare to go with my Centennials. I wanted something punchy, and totally got it. It's a great compliment to the drums!

Attachments

• IMG_3381.jpg
    IMG_3381.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 2,214
I picked up this Ludwig Epic Centurian Snare to go with my Centennials. I wanted something punchy, and totally got it. It's a great compliment to the drums!

Looks great, I hope you enjoy it!

BTW: it's a long time since I've seen a Heino picture ;-)

My Mapex Blaster 13x7 maple snare with CVL mahonagy wooden hoops:

Attachments

• IMG_5976-1.jpg
    IMG_5976-1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 2,161
(New Here)
Love This Snare. It's a 1 of 1!
13" x 5.5" Gatton Corian shell. Flat orange with black nickel hardware and dunnet throw off.
Evans Hybrid Batter over Hazy 300. Puresound wires.
Pictures don't give it justice :(

Attachments

• 545005_312331885524889_1848899033_n.jpg
    545005_312331885524889_1848899033_n.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,037
  • 547020_259595390798539_1605459580_n.jpg
    547020_259595390798539_1605459580_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,093
These snares belong in The Kickass Snare Thread. My Brady's Rock. Easy on the eyes and ears - Thanks Chris!
I cannot justifiably describe the sound and feeling of playing a Brady........play one and you'll understand.

Attachments

• Danny with Chris Brady at the factory.jpg
    Danny with Chris Brady at the factory.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,948
  • Brady Jarrah Block.jpg
    Brady Jarrah Block.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 2,086
What's the closest thing I can get so I can have the sound of a high tuned Supraphonic 402 without having to spend like $400? Is there something out there that can deliver as good or better of a "bark" on accented notes and a crisp sizzle on soft rolls? I don't want to have to sell one of my kidneys just to get a Supra, but if that's the only option...

What's the closest thing I can get so I can have the sound of a high tuned Supraphonic 402 without having to spend like $400? Is there something out there that can deliver as good or better of a "bark" on accented notes and a crisp sizzle on soft rolls? I don't want to have to sell one of my kidneys just to get a Supra, but if that's the only option...

Used Supra? That'd be my best advice. Why settle for imitations when used Supra's can be picked up at reasonable prices (in the US).

Otherwise a 14x6.5 Acro may deliver.....or even something like a Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminium may be worth checking out too.

Used Supra? That'd be my best advice. Why settle for imitations when used Supra's can be picked up at reasonable prices (in the US).

Otherwise a 14x6.5 Acro may deliver.....or even something like a Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminium may be worth checking out too.

Just from doing some brief browsing I came across this--although it's missing the internal muffling pad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-Supr...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc80ef8e7

Think it'll be an issue, and is it possible to get a replacement if it is? It's an older Supra, and apparently the newer models don't have internal muffling pads anymore, so it shouldn't make any difference in terms of functionality right?

Just from doing some brief browsing I came across this--although it's missing the internal muffling pad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-Supr...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc80ef8e7

Think it'll be an issue, and is it possible to get a replacement if it is? It's an older Supra, and apparently the newer models don't have internal muffling pads anymore, so it shouldn't make any difference in terms of functionality right?

Absolutely no difference at all. Many, including me, find them to be a PITA. The muffler on my 400 hasn't worked properly in years and I've never bothered to get it fixed. It's just not an item I consider necessary at all.

I've seen replacement parts such as the mufflers etc come up on ebay, so you'll be able to find one if it really annoys you. But honestly, I wouldn't bother.

Absolutely no difference at all. Many, including me, find them to be a PITA. The muffler on my 400 hasn't worked properly in years and I've never bothered to get it fixed. It's just not an item I consider necessary at all.

I've seen replacement parts such as the mufflers etc come up on ebay, so you'll be able to find one if it really annoys you. But honestly, I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for the information. Since it isn't even a necessary part I won't worry about it at all. ;)

2012 Gretsch Brooklyn Hammered COB, 6.5 x 14

Attachments

• CIMG1537.JPG
    CIMG1537.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 2,945
  • CIMG1538.JPG
    CIMG1538.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 2,872
  • CIMG1540.JPG
    CIMG1540.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,882
Back