I finally decided.....CRUSH

bonzolead

Platinum Member
After looking at this,that & those kits..lol I made up my mind and got the Crush Acrylic's.

I figured I had my "Downbeat" Epics(20,12,14,14sd) for my smaller gigs and still have my 84' Power Tour Customs(24,12,16) for the crazy gigs..My Workhorse..lol

But now I have the Crush Acrylic's (10x8 tt,12x9 tt,16x14ft,18x22bd & 14x6sd) I'm in total acrylic heaven..lmao

they're in my bedroom right now but will be at a Metro-Detroit establishment very soon...ha ha

I'm a lucky guy

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

Bonzolead

Attachments

• Crush_1.jpg
    Crush_1.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Crush_2.jpg
    Crush_2.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • Crush_3.jpg
    Crush_3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 1,509
  • Crush_4.jpg
    Crush_4.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Crush_5.jpg
    Crush_5.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 1,476
  • Crush_6.jpg
    Crush_6.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 1,471
Very nice! Hope they give you a years supply of Windex with those babies. For the price you can't beat them. Plus they are seamless, aren't they? Congratulations. Now go "CRUSH" some eardrums with them!

Too funny yes they are LOUD..holy moly & HEAVY..lol the bass drum weights twice as much as my 20" Epic but they sound sweet indeed kinda like birch on steroids..IMO

I always have windex wipes great for spot cleaning at every gig..now i'll just be using more of them..lmao

yes sticks they are seamless but they also have a duel 45 edge that is very nice.

My dad have a clear set of vistalite's (24" bd) in the 70's that was my fav. kit he owned.
so when I seen these with the sound & quality they had I was sold.

now I can keep up with the Marshall's...lmao

Bonzolead

Love the look of those. Can't wait to hear you play them!

Very nice looking set of acrylics.

I have been to the Crush website and I have to say I'm impressed with the various offerings of materials and their prcie points are really good.

All their different lugs look good and I like their snare throw off and mounts.

Good stuff.

Very nice looking set of acrylics.

I have been to the Crush website and I have to say I'm impressed with the various offerings of materials and their prcie points are really good.

All their different lugs look good and I like their snare throw off and mounts.

Good stuff.
Thank you as with other drum kits I changed the heads as soon as I got em' went with Clear Emp's for the toms,clear Ambass. for the snare & clear PS3 for the bd i'm gonna put clear ambass. underneath as soon as possible but I'm totally digging them already, as the website says..very punchy & they are.

Thanks for the reply,
Bonzolead

Nice!
The shop has had 3 of them go out in the last few weeks.
3 Crush kits came in and went last Friday alone.

The acrylic kit is pretty dang sweet, and I really think the clear BD hoops are great touch.
Have fun!

Way to go , Bonzo.........I love those Crush acrylic drums.

I considered those as well -- then it was the Gretsch maple-Cats.........then it was the Crush Ash shells...........next I liked the Mapex Meridian..........and then finally, I went with the Epics.

I hope they hold up well for you...........they look very cool !

Way to go , Bonzo.........I love those Crush acrylic drums.

I considered those as well -- then it was the Gretsch maple-Cats.........then it was the Crush Ash shells...........next I liked the Mapex Meridian..........and then finally, I went with the Epics.

I hope they hold up well for you...........they look very cool !
Epic's was a sweet choice for you as you know I love mine..lol

I just wanted something different from what I already have. plus they're gonna look sweet under lights..lol

Bonzolead

Being a huge fan of Vistalites .. these look for cool! Congrats and enjoy!

Such a beautiful kit, love the Acrylic :)

I was considering buying a Crush Acrylic snare, I was wondering what size you got and how you would rate it overall?

Such a beautiful kit, love the Acrylic :)

I was considering buying a Crush Acrylic snare, I was wondering what size you got and how you would rate it overall?
The kit came with a 14" x 6" snare I love the sound of it the strainer is good but not a Dunnett or similar quality stainer but they're going for under $200 usd on line.

For the price it's a great snare if it was me though i'd jump to a 14 x 7 instead just because I like deeper snares, I'm happy with the 14 x 6 regardless.

keep swattin'
Bonzolead

Being a huge fan of Vistalites .. these look for cool! Congrats and enjoy!
Very happy with them & as I posted before I always loved dad's Vistalites just didn't. have a extra $2000 to invest in a new Ludwig Vistalite kit...lol

take care,
Bonzolead

congrats man. those are beautiful!

never heard of Crush until this thread... just saw this thread then... last night on Leno a guy was playing Crush kit. lol.

where are these made?

been wanting a dedicated kit to play out with. My US custom Porks are satin finish so a bit delicate. always afraid it might get F'ed... you know local clubs.

found a soundfile(actually a vid) on youtube and I'm liking what I'm hearing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwGJUlh7x4&feature=related

great price too... seriously considering them.

anyway, again, congrats!

Back