New add-ons for the "go" kit

diosdude

Silver Member
Brand new old stock Ddrum diatribe all birch 13" tom on ebay... $59.99

Brand new old stock Ddrum diatribe all birch 16" floor tom on ebay... $59.99

Picture015.jpg

Finding brand new add-on drums in sizes i didn't have, in an exact finish match on a series that has been discontinued by the manufacturer last year... PRICELESS

Picture016.jpg

Ddrum diatribe, all birch shells, cherry satin finish, all die cast black chrome hoops and hardware

Last edited:
congrats on the sweet find man, incredible! so was is luck or tenacity that had you finding these? those are some kick ass sizes the 13" and 18", nothing like adding a little thunder to the kit, eh? enjoy those babies man!

congrats on the sweet find man, incredible! so was is luck or tenacity that had you finding these? those are some kick ass sizes the 13" and 18", nothing like adding a little thunder to the kit, eh? enjoy those babies man!

I guess it's tenacity. Since i bought my monster bubinga ddrum kit, i've become a hardcore ddrum endorsee, i've owned 4 ddrum kits so far (bought and sold 2 of them on ebay for slight profit). I always check like every other day on there to find bargains and those babies just showed up one day and i had to have them.I see it was a misprint on my part, it's actually a 16" floor that i bought so i'll change it in the post.

Funny thing is, those beat up old evans genera g2's sound better than the brand new factory heads, lol.

Isn't it great when you can find a score like that on eBay? That's totally awesome that you could find the right series and everything.
Funny thing is, those beat up old evans genera g2's sound better than the brand new factory heads, lol.

Now THAT surprises me. Those beat up heads just look ugly, but if they sound good I guess you don't need to change them.

wow...great find dios!

you dont with that kit, or you plan to keep adding on?

lol

i like it tho! =)

Alex

I have a ddrum ash amx 8" tom that started out a beautiful anaheim orange fade with identical black chrome lugs and hardware that i sanded down. I've been trying my damndest to color match the stain and i keep screwing it up, re-sanding and re-staining. The last time it came out more brown-cherrywood than bing cherry color and i think i'm just going to throw in the towel. I've tried red wood dye, mixing with cherry minwax stain, even red #40 (food coloring, water based). Nothing seems to work. I think next i'm going to try cherry red fingernail polish to highlight it and get it away from brown and then just satin polyurethane finish it.

Ideally, i'd like to find other pieces to add, like an 18" floor tom and a second bass drum but those buys will only happen when rare opportunity presents itself. I'd like to basically have the same monster configuration as my studio bubinga kit though.

Isn't it great when you can find a score like that on eBay? That's totally awesome that you could find the right series and everything.

Now THAT surprises me. Those beat up heads just look ugly, but if they sound good I guess you don't need to change them.

Yeah, i would have paid $200 each for these drums, which shocks me that i was the only one who bid on them. The black chrome die cast rims alone are worth 60 bucks easily. As for the factory heads, they're awful, i'd expect them on like a first act or Pulse kit.

I got another side to the gibraltar rack to add on an extra 8" tom.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 724
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 750
Back