THE GOOD SNARE THREAD

My personal favorite is...

Yamaha Akira Jimbo Signature.

13"x7" 8 ply beech with wood hoops.

Godly, just godly.

I never go for signature snares, Can any one recommend any Mapex Snares to go with a Mapex Pro M 9 piece Kit?

I have the Pearl SensiTone Classic II 14x5", beaded brass (black nickel finish) and it sounds amazing. Great for all styles of playing

1916.jpg

Hi, I'm new to the forum...but i wanted to get your opinions on a possible snare drum I might purchase. Its a Mapex Maple Black Panther 13 X 6. I think i'm getting it for 300 cad. new...give me some thoughts and feedback for those who possiblly own one or have played it. I was also considering a tama artwood snare? But i've heard good thigns about the black panther snares so just give me some thoughts and advice thanks!

I use a Pearl Free Floating Brass Mellenium Edition Snare. I absolutely love it with a passion. I don't think I could ever use another snare!

PearlFF3.jpg

PearlFF1.jpg

what is the difference between hand hammered snares and those who are not hand hammered?

It's in the name: "Hand-Hammered", "Non Hand-Hammered"

Haha, but really, hand hammered snares tend to get more credit because they are hand made and unique as such, and there would need to be more people employed which suggests the company is able to afford a considerable amount of quality. Machine made ones have a less unique sound, and less money goes into the production, but having said that, you get a similar sounding snare for much cheaper.

I haven't ever experimented with snare strand wires before. What does having more or less strands do exactly?

i have a Joey Jordison Sig. Snare and its one of the best snares ive ever used.
it has this really sweet pop.
just not diggin the paint job too much, still its about the sound.

The jordison signature snare is cool indeed. I don't like slipknot though.
I am very happy with the Tama Superstar snare drum, haven't regretted buying it for a single minute.

A Pearl Chad Smith signature snare drum...a lovely snare drum indeed. And I'm not even that much of a fan of his drumming.
A really great, versatile snare drum.
CS-1450.jpg

my sentiments, exactly. just bought mine. very versatile, crisp, with a great crack! love it!

What are the differences between Brass, Wood And Steel snares??

imagine they are tune the same and all have the same sizes

i'll appreciate any help ypu can give

Back