So...where do you keep your spare sticks?

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
There's a lot of different places to put them, where's yours?

If it's my set, being right handed, I keep my left hand spare stick between the double braces of my hi hat stand legs, stood up on it's tip so I can grab the butt end.

My right hand spare stick I keep in a car litter bag I have tied to my floor tom that also holds my glasses, wallet, keys and phone. Sometimes I use my stick bag to hold my right side stick, if it's leaned up against the back wall or something. I'm always against a wall.

If it's not my set I have one in each back pocket.

Stick bag on the floor tom. I really like your hihat leg idea.

Every since my oldest son first learned to walk, I've discovered my sticks are never where I last left them.

I keep them in the top lugs of the bass drum butt end up for an easy grab. I like Larry's hit hat idea, I think I'll steal that one.

Stick bag on the floor tom. I really like your hihat leg idea.

I also have a small stick bag on the side of my floor tom, makes it easy to recover a stick within 1 measure if I drop a stick. It has a small hole in the top, one of the lug screws is threaded through the hole. This also ensures I have my sticks with me on gigs, unless I happen to forget my floor tom :)

I also have a vader 'can' on my hi-hat stand that a friend gave me. It is used for a pair of felt mallets for crescendo type rolls on the cymbals.

I have the Sabian Stickflip stick bag and it stands up on the floor by my throne.
I also keep a pair of sticks,brushes and mallets on a Meinl percussion tray that I attach to my Music stand or Hihat stand. I have sticks and brushes within reach in case I need them.

I also use the Maxonix Stick Ark which is an inexpensive foam strip that attaches to your bass drum using the tension rods, it can hold 4 sticks or brushes.
http://www.maxonix.com/stickark.php

Danmar stick holder attached to my hi-hat stand.​

Attachments

• 3 resized.jpg
    3 resized.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 494
There's a lot of different places to put them, where's yours?

If it's my set, being right handed, I keep my left hand spare stick between the double braces of my hi hat stand legs, stood up on it's tip so I can grab the butt end.

That's where I keep left side sticks on one of my kits.

On my main gigging kit, I have stick holders on both sides of the kit, one on the hi-hat stand and one on my right side cymbal stand. I also have a couple poking out of my stick bag for easy grabbing.

I keep 1 pair on the top of the kick, and the rest in a stick bag tied to the floor tom.

I've done that too but I more often use a stick holder on the left. It's one of those Gibraltar fabric ones. Stick bag on my floor tom on the right.

Actually I use 2 of the 3 hi hat legs. The other side I keep a mallet. It works great, never had a problem.

I take it not everyone has a spare for each side.

Brady, you play lefty?

Back in the day I had a stick bag hanging from the floor tom lugs. I didn't have a floor tom with the Mabels and it was inconvenient. Usually I'd leave my hand bag next to the throne and have some spare sticks and other input devices sticking out, but it wasn't ideal. Sometimes I'd play "without a safety net", with sticks just laid on the floor, for the hell of it.

Actually I use 2 of the 3 hi hat legs. The other side I keep a mallet. It works great, never had a problem.

I take it not everyone has a spare for each side.

Brady, you play lefty?

Nope. I am left-handed though. I play the kit right-handed. I just keep sticks on both sides of my kit. I never know which sticks are going to decide to take off flying.

Stick bag on the floor tom.

Same here. I used to also have a holder on my hihat stand, but I don't think it saved me any time when reaching for a fresh one. So these days I just hang my bag on my floor tom and that's plenty close and eccessible enough.

Back