Yamaha Stage Custom Birch / Paiste 2oo2

areFish

Silver Member
I play a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch 5pc. fusion sized drum kit in Dark Silver Metallic. All hardware with the exception of the kick pedal and throne are medium weight, single braced Yamaha. The kick pedal is a DW 9000. Throne is a Pork Pie round throne. Drum sizes:
20x17 Kick
14x5.5 Snare
10x8, 12x9 Mounted Toms
14x14 Floor Tom

Current drum heads are all Evans with the exception of the kick reso. Emad2 / Stock on the kick. Coated G1 / Hazy 300 on the snare. Clear G2 / G1 on the toms.

My cymbals are Paiste 2oo2 series and include:
14" Sound Edge Hats
20" Ride
18" Crash
16" Crash
10" Splash

Here is a video of my drum kit unboxing.

Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Unboxing

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

ooh nice cymbals. im looking into getting a decent splash whats the 2oo2 one like would it go well with my 20" crash :p

Dude thank you for posting this, I have the same kit and same tom placement and I had to tear off a mount from another kit. Now I can return the mount, thanks man

Nice set up brother! I see you up'd the ante with 2oo2s!! Sweet!!

Very coo,lDug the unboxing!!!,love the finish,plain yet powerful. GOOD LUCK WITH THEM!!!!!

ooh nice cymbals. im looking into getting a decent splash whats the 2oo2 one like would it go well with my 20" crash :p
I like the way my splash compliments my crashes. You may want to hit a bunch. Lots of nice splashes out there.

Dude thank you for posting this, I have the same kit and same tom placement and I had to tear off a mount from another kit. Now I can return the mount, thanks man
Thank you. I bought a clamp mount before figuring this out. Oh well, never hurts to have an extra clamp lying around.

Now that's a sweet kit right there.
I appreciate it.

Nice set up brother! I see you up'd the ante with 2oo2s!! Sweet!!
Thank you. Yea, the PST 5s were fun while they lasted (two months).

Very coo,lDug the unboxing!!!,love the finish,plain yet powerful. GOOD LUCK WITH THEM!!!!!
Thank you and thanks for watching the unboxing. That was a fun day! When I chose my drum color I had playing in church in mind. I didn't want anything that draws too much attention. I also like this as a car color too.

i'm not a fan of Yamaha but that's a lovely kit and really clean set up, that looks really comfortable to to play.
Thank you. I looked at your Ludwig Kit. I have to say, I AM a fan!

Enjoy your new kit. I played the SC kit (different finish) for years and love it. Very bright and open sound. Esp great live and outdoors.

very nice i like the setup. in the unboxing video you got the pst5 cymbal pack just wondering they any good?

very nice i like the setup. in the unboxing video you got the pst5 cymbal pack just wondering they any good?
I believe the PST 5 line is an excellent cymbal for their price point. They are a CuSn8 bronze cymbal, not brass like the PST 3 line of cymbals.

I will say I added a 2oo2 to the line up and quickly wanted to upgrade them, but still I still like 'em.

Enjoy your new kit. I played the SC kit (different finish) for years and love it. Very bright and open sound. Esp great live and outdoors.

Thank you for the feedback!

The drums and 2002's look great. However, I just pulled a groin muscle trying to get my feet on the bass/hi hat pedals. It may feel good to you, but ouch. Try moving the racks toms a little to the right, close the gap between them and the ride cymbal, then move the hihats to the right also. The hats will now be more in front of you and much easier to play then having them sideways. Just food for thought.

The drums and 2002's look great. However, I just pulled a groin muscle trying to get my feet on the bass/hi hat pedals. It may feel good to you, but ouch. Try moving the racks toms a little to the right, close the gap between them and the ride cymbal, then move the hihats to the right also. The hats will now be more in front of you and much easier to play then having them sideways. Just food for thought.

I would like to move the rack toms to the right, but that would mean raising them up and then they would be too high for me (I would rather not angle them any more). I am thinking about swapping positions of the 10" and 12" toms because the 10" isn't as deep and it would give me a little room to slide over. What I don't want is tom rash on the kick drum from having it hover too close.

The distance between the two pedals does feels comfortable because my center is not on the kick drum, but rather between the two rack toms. I tried to create a triangle with two sides being the pedals and the drum throne being a point. I'll try to show you what I mean in this pic. Although comparing the two pics my set-up in the original post do have the pedals a tad further apart than normal. Thank you for the food for thought, I am always looking to tweak for improvements.

DSC03103-1.jpg

Definitely do not move anything if it may cause the rubbing of drums. That would be worse than a groin pull for sure.

My University Music Society just bought a set of stage customs. Really great set. I also own a Musashi, so I've played a kit very, very similar. I was mightily impressed to say the least.

My University Music Society just bought a set of stage customs. Really great set. I also own a Musashi, so I've played a kit very, very similar. I was mightily impressed to say the least.
I agree. I think the SCB and Musashi snare are great at their price point. Thank you for your input.

Back