My Blaemire/Ludwig project

I am surprised I missed this thread. Sorry for the really old bump, but cheers to Jerry for keeping AB's spirit alive. I need a second chance in getting 6.5X14 from you if it is ever possible again.

Hey Dale, I was also a bit surprised that you brought this old thread up, as it's been awhile since I've checked in. I also was surprised that you let that 6.5x14 get away, as it's a great size and they don't come around very often. Who knows, Jerry may find something down the road.

Wow!! How did I miss this thread?!

I'm guessing you're the very same guy that posts on Dunnett's board just taunting me with that beautiful 15" fiberglass snare drum.

Thanks for the primer on Blaemire, you learn something new on the forums everyday...

You mentioned that you had a snare in Blaemire's favorite size. What are the dimensions on that?

Dude i can't believe no-one has commented on the sound bite you uploaded. - post #9? not even sure if it is legit

I think your luddy-blaemire drums sound absolutely gorgeous man!
and they are fiberglass? <eyes bulging now>
Love that floor tom tone!! but the rest sound equally awesome. WOW!

what heads were on there when you recorded that?

Love the playing too - can tell you (or whoever was at the helm)
loved that floor tom as well...LOL

If I had a floor tom sound like that I could see myself playing nothing but the FT
for like 30 minutes straight with a big 'ol cheesy grin on my face the whole time...

Tuning method, heads, recording specs - I personally would love to hear
your appraoch as well as ANY other sound clips you got. serious

excellent work bro!

Last edited:
Dude i can't believe no-one has commented on the sound bite you uploaded. - post #9? not even sure if it is legit

I think your luddy-blaemire drums sound absolutely gorgeous man!
and they are fiberglass? <eyes bulging now>
Love that floor tom tone!! but the rest sound equally awesome. WOW!

what heads were on there when you recorded that?

Love the playing too - can tell you (or whoever was at the helm)
loved that floor tom as well...LOL

If I had a floor tom sound like that I could see myself playing nothing but the FT
for like 30 minutes straight with a big 'ol cheesy grin on my face the whole time...

Tuning method, heads, recording specs - I personally would love to hear
your appraoch as well as ANY other sound clips you got. serious

excellent work bro!

See, that's the thing about these Blaemire shells, it's the SOUND that is what attracted me to them. Jerry was the one who did the recording/playing of the drums. They had EC2's on top and clear Ambassadors on the bottom. No doubt, these are the best floor toms I have ever played, but all the drums sound good to me. If you like the floors so much, you should hear my 14x24 bass drum, sheer bombasticity! ;-p

EC2's! serious?

That actually really says a lot about your drums.
If you can get ec2's to sound that open and lively...
wow - I think I am ruined

You realize that since hearing and learning this I am going to end up
like a mad scientist tuning my drums desparately trying to get close to that tone..

I "might" be able to get close using clear ambs top and bottom
but Ec2's definately don't sound like that on my kit.

seriously - not to be too overly complimentary but to me
those drums sound *perfect*

the tone your getting there is exactly the tone I hear in my head
when I think: high-end drums tuned to perfection.

EC2's! serious?

That actually really says a lot about your drums.
If you can get ec2's to sound that open and lively...
wow - I think I am ruined

You realize that since hearing and learning this I am going to end up
like a mad scientist tuning my drums desparately trying to get close to that tone..

I "might" be able to get close using clear ambs top and bottom
but Ec2's definately don't sound like that on my kit.

seriously - not to be too overly complimentary but to me
those drums sound *perfect*

the tone your getting there is exactly the tone I hear in my head
when I think: high-end drums tuned to perfection.

I just got off the phone with Jerry, and he said he just used one of those zoom recorders. I've also had good luck with Vintage Emperors on these drums, which I'm presently running. I like the feel of these heads a little better, same killer tone though.

Back