I haven't posted here in a while...

Cephalic

...and my kit looks quite a bit different. Got some new (old) drums, cut the ICON smaller, a few new/different cymbals in there, and a different set up. So, here we go.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 327
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 322
And can't forget about this little sucker...

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 295
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 296
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 304
I've never seen anything quite like the first kit. Small drums and a small rack. Those cymbals look lovely. Other than the riveted old Zildjian A, what are they?

Loving the little Sonor too. I'm playing a kit in similar sizes right now - great stuff.

Remote Yamaha hat ... cut down (stealth) Pearl Icon ... low rider cymbals ... very cool ...​

Thanks! Yup, I was going for sort of a "stealth" rack concept. Pearl Icons are great, but they're HUGE! I didn't want it anymore because of how obnoxiously big it was, so I tried selling it. After no luck, I just decided to turn it into something I liked. And so, here's the result. :)

It's actually a DW remote hat. I prefer the feel of a "normal" hh stand, but this way I don't have to cross my sticks at all. fair enough compromise for now. maybe sometime I'll try that special gibraltar hh stand, or I believe there are a few others like it.

Cymbals on the first kit are (left to right):
18" Sabian HH med
15" Zildjian 50s A
21" Sabian Vault Fierce
22" Bettis
20" Zildjian 50s A

And drums (since I forgot specs) are:
80s Yamaha Tour Customs 18/16/12
6.5x14 Pearl FF brass

The second kit uses the same cymbals but also a 18" AA china w/ 3 rivets. Those pictures were before I removed all the logos. Drum-wise, it's:
16x14 Tama Rockstar kick
14x14, 10x9 Sonor S-Class Pro toms
12x5.5 Tama Artwood

oh, and here's a shot sort of showing the "before and after" of the rack. I actually cut the tube the 12" is mounted off a little lower. Eventually, I'll cut the rest of them to the same height.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 264
A Bettis ride cymbal? With another member confessing up to a Spizzichino this is turning rapidly into interesting territory.

Haha, I just won it off the 'bay recently.

I'll have another "custom" cymbal in the works shortly... :)

Haha, I just won it off the 'bay recently.

I'll have another "custom" cymbal in the works shortly... :)

I just had a look on the 'Bay. There's a pair of 20" selling at £400 for the pair (including shipping). £200 each. What a bargain but it doesn't look like they'd be split up and I don't have £400 to spend. If I did, I know what it would be going towards thanks to Andy!

Beautiful setup... How's the Bettis sound?
And how bout the 12x5.5 artwood? I love 12" snares, recently got a 12" Yamaha Musashi and it's great.
Those 12" artwoods are hard to find, nice buy!

Your cymbal setup is really cool. I love the 4 totally different and unique sounds all in the same setup. The classic A sound, the darker HH, the dry vault ride, and the one of a kind bettis.
I'd love to hear some sounds!

Thanks! The Bettis is great. I don't have any sound files of the kit right now... sometime soon I will. But this is the recording for the Bettis:
http://www.rarevintagecymbals.com/ebay/sound/ebay_2420.mp3

I have a 14x4 Artwood too. Great snares! For a long while I was always using that 12" as my main snare--loved it! But recently I went back to 14" snares, and the little guy feels so small now.

Thanks! The Bettis is great. I don't have any sound files of the kit right now... sometime soon I will. But this is the recording for the Bettis:
http://www.rarevintagecymbals.com/ebay/sound/ebay_2420.mp3

I have a 14x4 Artwood too. Great snares! For a long while I was always using that 12" as my main snare--loved it! But recently I went back to 14" snares, and the little guy feels so small now.

Perfect blend of washy-ness, dryness, and trashiness: Brilliant! Definitely a one of kind sound.

Back