Sera's Tama & NewSound -collection

Sera

Here are my drums. Rack is just a crappy prototype. When I get enough time, I will make official rack, with all little details I have planned. Material will be stainless steel, because titanium is far too much expensive for me.

Attachments

• HPIM0484.JPG
    HPIM0484.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 632
  • HPIM0487.JPG
    HPIM0487.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 616
  • HPIM0488.JPG
    HPIM0488.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 617
Haha yeah I thought it was a rather creative muffling technique. Interesting setup, I've seen a few ambidextrous setups around here, good to see more people trying different things.

I like the finish of the toms on your left. Is the orange lacquered kit a Tama Rockstar? Nice job on a home-made rack.

I like the finish of the toms on your left. Is the orange lacquered kit a Tama Rockstar? Nice job on a home-made rack.

Yes, it's Rockstar Custom. I bought it about 2 years ago. 10", 12", 14", 16" and 20". Snare is Premier, -70, aluminium, 14" / 5,5". And I will keep it until I have money to buy snare of my dreams. It will be made of bell bronze, but I have not decided manufacturer yet.

Those white/red/black-toms are made by NewSound. I bought them from Internet, and those have been in all earlier versions of my sets. I repaired them and painted with 2-component acryl. I had that color combination in my mind for a years. First I thought that it could look nice in a vehicle, but work would be too big.

First there is acrylic filler, sanded P800 paper. Then 3 layers of black acrylic paint, 1 layer on white and 1 layer red. Then I sanded surface. Last 4 layers of clear lack.

Edges were quite poorly, and material of toms was very poorly. Wooden layers were broken, so I got injection needle with diameter 1,5 mm, long needle. I injected clue under broken veneers and so on. Woodwork.

This drum setup is probably my final, regarding these particular drums. Cymbals are still looking for their right places, but drums have founded them. Took about 2 years.

There is still room in both sides to make set wider, and my future set will probably contain:
Right side: 8", 10", 12", 14".
Left side: 10", 12", 14", 16".
Two bass, maybe 20" or 22".

I have decided manufacturer of the drums, and whole set will cost a lot. So project will take time about 4 - 6 years. Long period planning. This current set is good enough for me to practice, what is my favorite thing to do.

Drum sizes are difficult things to decide. I have played only few sets, all my owns, and I can't say, how I could or what size drums I should use to get out same tunes, what I have inside my head.

nice colour, but the pedal setup with the snare and hats seems really uncomfortable. is it?

HIhat does not work at all, because it needs a special adapter, so I could use it with my pedal technique. I think that I can make it next summer. This time hihat sounds only in my head, and I practiced it with basspedals.

All this could look uncomfortable, but it's not. I'm used to it. Also notice bricks under snarestand, only way to get snare high enough. When I make official rack, I will also modificate snarestand. Seat is modificated, because it was too short. When I set it to maximum height, it wobble a lot. So I cut it and replaced tube with M22-thread axle. Now it's steady even higher speeds.

Back