In the last week, I have purchased:

PDP X7 + extra bass drum - new
Sabian crashes (2) - new
Tama Speedcobras (2) - new
Behringer XENYX X2442USB - new
CAD Premium 7-Piece Drum Microphone Pack - new
CAD KBM412 Bass and Kick Drum Microphone - new
Musician's Gear Lo-Z Microphone Cable 20 FT 10-Pack - new

Just realized it's all starting to add up price wise!

Yes, she is going to be pissed. WAAAYY pissed.... How do I know this? Because after reading this to her, MY wife is now pissed at you AND me FOR your wife! Guilty by association, dude! Thanks.... HAHAHAHA! LMAO!!

When speaking to the wife, the price of your new gear is always either half of the actual price...OR...the value of the piece is twice what you paid for it.

Example:
You just paid $300 for a new Zildjian. When speaking to the wife, either you only paid $150, for it, or you paid $300 for what is EASILY a $600. cymbal. Whatever the case, you just got a smokin' once in a fifetime deal that you would've been a fool to pass up.

You gotta speak their language, my friend.

Good luck.

If you didn't make those purchases with non-traceable cash, then, yeah, you're in a whole lot of trouble. :)

You needed to pace that. A little at a time, and much can be accomplished.

All at once - and - yeah, you're in a whole lot of trouble.

In case your wife doesn´t buy the shoes or twistes the arm, take her to a romantic dinner an open up a bottle of red wine!

...then enjoy your new gear, no worries at all.

Pissed?? If it were my wife she would put me out of HER missery!! I do understand your position though. It only took me one time to spend that kind of money and beleive me i knew better from then on. lol Come to think of it i don't think i've bought any "new" drum equip. since!!

It's much easier for me having the same girlfriend for the last 31 years. I don't have to answer to a wife, lol. Actually she's behind my purchases 100... 99% of the time.

Dennis

Lol i just bought my $600 DW 8002B pedals, told my wife it was $300...then she found the recipt. Thankfully i had saved up the cash over the last 2 pay checks, but i definitely got a wack on the bum, and not in a good way.

Though i just did find out that i get $2000 for the rest of a family inheritance thats finally dealt with, so that may have helped.

It's easier to seek forgiveness than permission :)

You didn't include the military bunker in your list. You're going to want to put that next, I wager.

Back