Finished Tama DX

drthemez

So i thought i'd share my first ever real drum set haha. Right after high school i joined the Army and i decided since i was selling my kit that i was going to experiment. I took off all the wraps and finished it, maybe this will help anyone who is thinking about doing the same thing. Its nothing special but i always get a good laugh looking back at the picture, some good times with this set!

Attachments

• tama dx.jpg
    tama dx.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 457
If you're talking about the whole for the TAMA badges, i just took them out, and put them back in after i was finished. Basically you just have to go really slow when you're taking off the wrap so you dont pull up any wood from the glue. After that i sanded the outside of it, and found a stain that i liked. I stained the set, let it dry and then covered it with a clear coat varnish with multiple layers. I didnt really know what i was doing at all, and didnt look up any info on internet and it turned out beautiful. If someone actually took the time and researched the best pissible stains, varnishes, and techniques, someone could really make their kit look amazing.

Back