Show off your Yamahas!

I think you misunderstood me... I meant how do you physically get into the kit to sit at it.. it looks wall to wall with no gaps lol

Ah, ha ha... I thought you said "how did you get it"... There is actually a small gap on the hi hat side that I can squeeze into. It is tight though. :)

I know I've been posting a lot of photos of my new kit, but here it is again... I did get maple hoops on the bass drum since these were taken.

DSCF2825.jpg

DSCF2797.jpg

DSCF2811.jpg

DSCF2801.jpg

DSCF2823.jpg

DSCF2829.jpg

Beautiful kit. Are you happy with the sound of the oaks? I love mine. What do the wooden rims give you that the regular metal rims don't? Just curious.

Sweet looking kits guys! The oakies with the wood hoops is droolworthy!

I have finally come to my senses and went with Yamaha for my new studio rehearsal kit.

I am getting a SC birch in Natural lacquer, with a Yamaha hex rack. It'll be here Tuesday!

Can't wait!

Sweet looking kits guys! The oakies with the wood hoops is droolworthy!

I have finally come to my senses and went with Yamaha for my new studio rehearsal kit.

I am getting a SC birch in Natural lacquer, with a Yamaha hex rack. It'll be here Tuesday!

Can't wait!

You won't be disappointed. For the price point, they sound wonderful and are very dependable drums. I'm looking forward to Hexracking myself in the not-too-distant future.

Beautiful kit. Are you happy with the sound of the oaks? I love mine. What do the wooden rims give you that the regular metal rims don't? Just curious.

The hoops sound great on the snare, but that isn't a Yamaha, its a pearl. As far as the difference, I don't know because I never even played them with the metal hoops.

Very cool! Looks tight up there.

Yeah, it's a little tight. The riser was originally built (by myself and a friend) to hold a single acoustic kit for a gig. When I got it home I wanted to cram my e-kit onto it as well. It would've been nice if it were about 6 inches larger on both sides. Maybe I'll make a new top for it one day. Add it to the list of projects I have. ugh. ;)

Yeah, it's a little tight. The riser was originally built (by myself and a friend) to hold a single acoustic kit for a gig. When I got it home I wanted to cram my e-kit onto it as well. It would've been nice if it were about 6 inches larger on both sides. Maybe I'll make a new top for it one day. Add it to the list of projects I have. ugh. ;)

I once saw a guy put his rack on the floor in front of the riser, and simply set it up as high as it could go to compensate for his small riser.

(They're always compensating for... anyways...)

These is my old Stage Custom Advantage kit in Cranberry Red Lacquer that I sold recently because I got my Custom Absolutes... I'm going to miss this kit though. It was my first Yamaha and I loved it. Just didn't have the space to keep both kits. The kit has fusion sizes with a 16" hanging tom that I added later from an older Stage Custom, but the finish matched perfectly. Oh well, I know it went to a good home.

pic005.jpg

pic006.jpg

These is my old Stage Custom Advantage kit in Cranberry Red Lacquer that I sold recently because I got my Custom Absolutes... I'm going to miss this kit though. It was my first Yamaha and I loved it. Just didn't have the space to keep both kits. The kit has fusion sizes with a 16" hanging tom that I added later from an older Stage Custom, but the finish matched perfectly. Oh well, I know it went to a good home.

pic005.jpg

pic006.jpg

Those older SCs are fabulous sounding kits!!!!!! I have used one in a church and it was a joy to play. I just got my Stage Custom birch. Lovin' Yamaha!!

I'm getting a set of Yamaha Stage Customs at some point in the next few months. Once I get it, the photos will be up here =D

Back