Andy having fun at rehearsals - new trio :)

I've said before, but I like this stuff. Cool kinda punk/garage type vibe. Interesting songs.

You certainly don't have to listen to me, but can I suggest a more sparse bell pattern in that first song's solo? Just something I heard. Some of the 8th's seemed a bit much to my personal ear.

I've said before, but I like this stuff. Cool kinda punk/garage type vibe. Interesting songs.

You certainly don't have to listen to me, but can I suggest a more sparse bell pattern in that first song's solo? Just something I heard. Some of the 8th's seemed a bit much to my personal ear.
Thanks doc, duly noted on the bell 8ths. First rehearsal for that song, so still experimenting with it :)

Thanks doc, duly noted on the bell 8ths. First rehearsal for that song, so still experimenting with it :)

Jeez! If I'd known that was your first play-through, I would have kept my mouth shut.

... Just kidding, I don't know how to keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, that's sounding good for such little rehearsing.

Wow that was great, especially for not being with these guys for too long. I really liked your drumming - must be exciting 'open territory' for you. Great seeing you on scaled down 4 piece too.
Other notes - Gotta love those weird shaped Gretsch guitars.
Also duly noted no bass player shots, is he shy? :)

Jeez! If I'd known that was your first play-through, I would have kept my mouth shut.

... Just kidding, I don't know how to keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, that's sounding good for such little rehearsing.
Thanks doc, & you holding back isn't one of my expectations ;)

Wow that was great, especially for not being with these guys for too long. I really liked your drumming - must be exciting 'open territory' for you. Great seeing you on scaled down 4 piece too.
Other notes - Gotta love those weird shaped Gretsch guitars.
Also duly noted no bass player shots, is he shy? :)
Thank you :) Bass player isn't shy, it's just that he wasn't in front of the camera. I had no intention of making a little compilation from this footage, but when I viewed it, I thought - why not!

I play a 4 piece much more than I play a 6 piece. I even rehearse on a 4 piece with the band I gig using a 6 piece.

The "open territory" is true to some extent, but Ria is fairly fixed on the vibe she wants, & a lot of the signature detail too. After such a short time, I'm not even close to settling the drum parts. There's been a rush to get ready for this Friday's first gig. After that, I expect time to really work on some songs before recording an EP late spring. Now that I'm looking forward to :)

I think you've proved to yourself that you can still adapt to different kinds of bands, Andy. Didn't take you long either. I guess it's a bit liek riding a bike. You looked under control in the clip and pretty well nailed it. I was ok with the bell pattern, though I thought the bell was a bit thin and tinny, which is why it interfered with the frequency of the vocal. It reminded me a lot of my ride's bell.

Sounds good Andy. The bell didn't even occur to me. Looks like a fun band to play with having a slight punky vibe to it. Definitely not blues, but oh we'll. Have fun next Friday. Cheers!

I think you've proved to yourself that you can still adapt to different kinds of bands, Andy. Didn't take you long either.
Thanks Grea, & that's a big one for me. I'm still not comfortable with a lot of it. It's all been quite rushed, but I am looking forward to the next stage, which is preparing songs for recording an EP late spring. This is where I get to polish the drum parts, & concentrate on detail changes :)

I was ok with the bell pattern, though I thought the bell was a bit thin and tinny, which is why it interfered with the frequency of the vocal. It reminded me a lot of my ride's bell.
It is bright & dominant on the recording. I think that has more to do with it's proximity to the recorder than anything else. It is a very heavy/pingy ride anyhow, but it's the closest thing to the mic too.

Sounds good Andy. The bell didn't even occur to me. Looks like a fun band to play with having a slight punky vibe to it. Definitely not blues, but oh we'll. Have fun next Friday. Cheers!
Thanks for your good luck wishes :) The band is fun, & quite a strong punk vibe in parts too. That's not really me, but I'm running with it :)

Thanks for your good luck wishes :) The band is fun, & quite a strong punk vibe in parts too. That's not really me, but I'm running with it :)

Since we don't have Henri around to photoshop you into a stunning Punk Rock getup, I'll just expect that you'll dress yourself appropriately punk-y and get some pictures for us from your first show with the trio.

Since we don't have Henri around to photoshop you into a stunning Punk Rock getup, I'll just expect that you'll dress yourself appropriately punk-y and get some pictures for us from your first show with the trio.
Hahaha - yes, I'm sure Henri will chime in with something wholly inappropriate :)

As for me getting "punked up", that's not going to happen. Nothing worse than some sad old fart dressing in the manner of someone much younger :(

It's a dirty job but .....

Attachments

• Andy-Vicious.jpg
    Andy-Vicious.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 293
Dang dude can't get that third song starting a 1:34 out of my head-I was whistling it while I fertilized and watered my fall garden. Like the variations in that one-cool drumming too.

Good playing. + 1 on the avatar.

Back