NEW DRUMS! Tama Superstars!

Mr. Pasquini

Gold Member
So I've been very vacant for a few months, school and life tried to get in my way, but I'm back with a vengance.

Finally got my hands on some new drums. Tama Superstars, not sure of exact line, anyone capable of helping out, I'd be real happy for whatever you can offer. Titanium fade is the name of the finish I believe, looks astounding in person. Hope you dig them!

Attachments

• DSCN1801.JPG
    DSCN1801.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 10,268
  • DSCN1802.JPG
    DSCN1802.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 3,227
  • DSCN1804.JPG
    DSCN1804.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,162
  • DSCN1807.JPG
    DSCN1807.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 3,296
Hey Mr Pasquini, Nice kit man. You can't go wrong with Tama. They are built to last. Have fun playing your new kit.

Looks great!

Welcome to the v-rack revoloution!

I dig the dark hats...what are they?

V-Rack revolution? I had this before it was cool!
The hats are Stagg Black Metal high hats, pretty cheap but they have such a great sound.

That looks like a very recent superstar, very much like mine, a 2007 model Superstar Custom (The titamium fade was only offered in the custom line, being a lacquer job). That is a great kit! Are those coated EC2's or EC1's on the toms?

Now you can join the superstar fanclub ;) (it's a social group)

Wow... I got these for $500 at a local Music go round, they'd been chillin' there for like 6 months and they dropped the price, astounding sounding drums. Thanks Philly!

They're coated EC2's, I like em' a lot but I think I might go back to coated G2s when these give up on me.

Phillip beat me to it, but I wanted to say that those look exactly like the ones he has :p.

I love how you've upgraded everything before you got to upgrading your drums. Why have you chosen a 'mid-level' kit instead of a high level though, were the Swingstars so bad on you?

And I thought Pasquini would never move on from his beloved swingstar. Sounds like you got a steal on these new drums, and with the matching snare too. The rack really puts together a clean tight setup. Plan on recording any videos soon?

Wow... I got these for $500 at a local Music go round, they'd been chillin' there for like 6 months and they dropped the price, astounding sounding drums. Thanks Philly!

They're coated EC2's, I like em' a lot but I think I might go back to coated G2s when these give up on me.

You're welcome, Ian. That's a very good deal! Gotta love the financial crisis :D

very nice. I have superstars also. Those are superstar customs SL's

And I thought Pasquini would never move on from his beloved swingstar. Sounds like you got a steal on these new drums, and with the matching snare too. The rack really puts together a clean tight setup. Plan on recording any videos soon?
As soon as I find my camera! (used someone else's camera to take these pics.)

You're welcome, Ian. That's a very good deal! Gotta love the financial crisis :D
Never have I been so happy about my country falling to pieces

Phillip beat me to it, but I wanted to say that those look exactly like the ones he has :p.

I love how you've upgraded everything before you got to upgrading your drums. Why have you chosen a 'mid-level' kit instead of a high level though, were the Swingstars so bad on you?
The price was right and they sound really good, I have no complaints over a lot of high level kits.

lookin good Ian!!

im with stazs..i thought you'd never get rid of your small kit! lol

this one sound good with metal?

Alex
I'm gonna miss the stagestar, but it's still parked at my mom's. I will never get rid of it. Oh and a killer sound with metal.

very nice. I have superstars also. Those are superstar customs SL's
Thanks. All around I'm very happy with these.

Last edited:
Great kit!

And BTW, after so long of "I know his avatar from somewhere" that is the album cover of Diablo de Musica from Slayer, right?

Nice kit mate, ive got a tama swingstar in brushed aliminum it looks quite good buit i do prefer your titatnium fade lol

Very nice Ian, congrats!
That`s a nice update indeed, how do you like the snare drum? I always found that those are quite loud and have a very aggressive attack.

Anyway, that`s such a nice kit!

Karl
Hey Karl, yea I like the snare drum, very powerful and a lot more crack than I expected. It's nearly as powerful as my steambent birch drum but it doesn't have a lot of the body and soul.

wow. beautiful man! how does the stagg black metal hi-hat sound?
great high hats, great value. My other hats are 1980 Zildjian New Beats and I generally use these for their volume and presence.

Back