Bram saying Hi!

BramVanroy

Hello!

My name is Bram, as you might've guessed. I am a Belgian drummer, born in the early 90's (1991) and been drumming since around the age of eight. After ups and downs currently playing in a fairly new band, and also in a percussion band where everyone plays loads of stuff (marimba, xylo, vibraphone, small percussion, djembes and so on). Here I'm on xylophone. Note that almost all members are younger and less experienced than I am. I am the grumpy old guy that doesn't want to leave the band.

My main focus, though, is currently YouTube covers. I like to play a lot of genres. This goes from Dire Straits to Netsky (drum and bass) to Rodrigo y Gabriela.

I decided to join these forums because it seems like a great community and because I would like some feedback from actual drummers that can help me get better at what I do.

If you have any questions I am glad to try to help! You can also follow me on Tweety Twitter if you like! https://twitter.com/BramVanroy Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello Bram, good to have you with us :)

The idea of you being the grumpy old guy at the age of 22 made me laugh!

I absolutely loved that Rodrigo y Gabriela. Good job, young man.

Hello Bram, good to have you with us :)

The idea of you being the grumpy old guy at the age of 22 made me laugh!

I absolutely loved that Rodrigo y Gabriela. Good job, young man.

You would be surprised! Well, actually I am the "chairman" of our "youth club". We have around 30 members which are divided into two groups. One group focuses on wind instruments and the other on percussion. I love to do it, but I am getting a bit old for it!

Thanks for the comment on Tamacun. It's a really energetic song! It's funny that you enjoyed that song the most, because even though I love the style, I am not at all good at it. But that's what we're here for right. We have a saying in my country: "Al doende leert men" which roughly translates to "One learns while doing".

even though I love the style, I am not at all good at it.

I have a fair bit of flamenco experience but I've found that the genre doesn't translate easily to drum kit - I sure as hell can't play it, and I thought I'd be able to because it's one of the few genres of music that I understand. That's why I was well impressed with what you played.

I have a fair bit of flamenco experience but I've found that the genre doesn't translate easily to drum kit - I sure as hell can't play it, and I thought I'd be able to because it's one of the few genres of music that I understand. That's why I was well impressed with what you played.

I mixed some samba in there, because that's a style I am more familiar with!

Thanks again.

Back