Drumming Bloopers

Sirwill

Silver Member
I wanted to start a thread on Drumming Bloopers if one is not already posted. One of my biggest Drumming Bloopers was back in 1986 when I was in the high school marching band. I was marching with my 26" Ludwig bass and failed to notice the "Running Tires" that the football team did not remove after there practice. And yes, I marched right in a tire and feel forward right over the bass drum in front of all to see.

nice one sirwill-

i know i've had some good ones but a classic is when the bass drum beater goes under your pant leg at the ankle and you have that bewildered deer in the headlights "whaaaaa?" look on your face, eyes bulging, no sound from your kick and you look down and...

I am either the only one OR it's happened to everyone here, there's no in-between :)

nice one sirwill-

i know i've had some good ones but a classic is when the bass drum beater goes under your pant leg at the ankle and you have that bewildered deer in the headlights "whaaaaa?" look on your face, eyes bulging, no sound from your kick and you look down and...

I am either the only one OR it's happened to everyone here, there's no in-between :)

More than once I'm sad to say......

I have to say, I posted this under another thread:

"Way back when huge bell bottoms were the uniform of the day, I would occasionally stomp on the bass pedal and find the beater inside of my pant leg. Not very effective and a good way to knock yourself off of the throne.

And once your pant leg was over the beater it was almost impossible to get the pant leg back over it during a song with looking like you were having some sort of spaz attack."

nice one sirwill-

I wear tight pants so it's not a problem ;)

A friend of mine was in practice with the band and then the mos funny thing happened
somehow the other member of the band while playing around throw tha cymbals to the floor( ride, crash) i still remember that day it was so funny to see their faces....

During practice with my buddy, I was just laying into my china, although I forget what song it was. Anyways, Its momentum carried the boom stand onto two of its three legs, and it started leaning towards me. So this stand with my china falls over my floor tom, and rests itself in that space between the tom and my leg.So I'm playing on my hats now, staring at this, and I look up at my buddy, who glances at the china, then at me with that "Whaaaaaaat?" face. So he comes over, places his foot on the leg that's in the air, and brought that sucker to level. Finishing the song, we died laughing. Good times.

I hate when that happens, and you have really no clue how it comes out of your hand like that! I haven't done it in a good while though...knock on wood.

nice one sirwill-

When I wear my khaki pants, that happens to me A LOT. I just roll up my right pant leg enough for it to get out of the way. Only during practicing of course. I wouldn't wear khakis in a gig.

Back