Stick breaks, camera catches it.

geeza

This is just pure luck. A picture of me playing back in 95. Notice the top half of the stick in mid air.

Attachments

• hpqscan0004.jpg
    hpqscan0004.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 514
Nice!

In this video, about 3:07 in, I break my sticks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_X2jZn46s

Screenshot, but worth watching:

Picture6-1.png

Cool shot. I love that moment when I break a stick.

805, at 3:07 both sticks just exploded. The look on your face when you realize it was priceless.

Is your 805 kit in the larger sizes 24, 13, 16, 18 or the 20, 12, 14, 16.

I've been curious about how the birch set sounds and I liked the sound in your video.

I've been contemplating getting the black on black version.

Also, so as not to highjack this thread, could you just PM me back.

Thanks,

I don't know if the message sent or not (stupid errors), but I tried to send it.

Yes, the set sounds absolutely amazing when tuned right. Of course, you can probably get better drums in this price range, but for the combination of sizes, looks, and sound, this drum set is perfect. The black on black is pretty sharp--but if you're considering getting one, either get it on eBay or buy it new soon, because they're about to discontinue the series. Mine are the 14/13/16/18/24 sizes. Any more questions? I'd be more than glad to help.

I have a PDP CX from 03 and it was in perfect shape when I took it out of the boxes. All the shells round and bearing egdes neat. With no lug problems and all the hardware intact I've never been concerned even amongst all the posts of quality control mentions from other members.

I'm assuming I can get the new black on black larger shell set soon and wrestle out any issues if something's wrong with them when I finally pick them up.

I guess the other issue I have is... ...is it really worth to get birch drums? I've thought that I want one, but I am sort of stuck on my maple and mahogany drums.

Do you feel like the sound is strong or is it maybe thin or weak underneath you when you play? I've liked the cutting attack of my maples that I play most of the time and I haven't played many birch kits to compare.

I have a PDP CX from 03 and it was in perfect shape when I took it out of the boxes. All the shells round and bearing egdes neat. With no lug problems and all the hardware intact I've never been concerned even amongst all the posts of quality control mentions from other members.

I'm assuming I can get the new black on black larger shell set soon and wrestle out any issues if something's wrong with them when I finally pick them up.

I guess the other issue I have is... ...is it really worth to get birch drums? I've thought that I want one, but I am sort of stuck on my maple and mahogany drums.

Do you feel like the sound is strong or is it maybe thin or weak underneath you when you play? I've liked the cutting attack of my maples that I play most of the time and I haven't played many birch kits to compare.

I've never played any maple kits to compare=D

All I know, is that the 24" bass is loud, HUGE, and booming, the toms are deep and fierce, and the snare is like a machine gun--it has a high pitched CRACK, but still with depth and body. Birch, I think, is known to be a lot brighter, but if you have the right heads and tuning, you can bring out pretty much any sound you want.

I had a pdp birch kit a couple years back. Though I prefer maple, Birch is certainly worth the money and in some settings the sound is better.

Back