New DW kit!

Beautiful!
and 3rd pic down.... woah! is that a prototype crash?
how does it sound?

Man, birdseye maple is beautiful...love it! I like the contrast of the 10" tom. I used to play my DW kit the same way. The best heads I ever used on my dee-dubs were Fiberskyn 3's over clear ambassadors...it made them incredibly fat and resonant...more so than on any other drums I've had.

Hey all, thanks for all the kind words. I live in a suburb of Vancouver, Canada so given the state of our dollar, the price of drums and the cost of housing here, I don't have much money left for food. I'm lucky enough to be in a working band so it sort of pays for the gear. The two crashes in the pics are a 16" Leopard dark crash from the '80s and an 18" HH prototype from when the Sabian tour came through town. The proto is somewhat dark and earthy but with a brilliance that breaks through. I don't play in the living room but the wife is out of town and it's a better setting than an unfinished basement! Maybe she won't notice them when she comes home;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

That`s true eye-candy! Beautiful looking set-up and to be honest, we all know that those DW drums sound great with good tuning. ;-)

Congrats to that kit and the cymbals! How does the Leopard crash sound??

Karl

Beautiful kit, if i could pick one finish for my drums, it would be that tobbaco burst.
Nice "crib" as well.

I do say this a lot, but this is one of my favourite kits on the forum. The finish and sizes are just what I'm after.

Tom

I do say this a lot, but this is one of my favourite kits on the forum. The finish and sizes are just what I'm after.

Tom

Thanks for that Tom. It took a long time and a lot of stress picking a finish from pictures on the web and brochures. You don't know what you got until you you open the box! Btw, I was born in London also and moved to Canada as a child. Great city, always fun to visit. Here is a overhead and some shots of the kit moved downstairs to the soon to be finished drum room.

Attachments

• overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 636
  • DW (1).jpg
    DW (1).jpg
    143 KB · Views: 611
  • DW (2).jpg
    DW (2).jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 698
  • DW (3).jpg
    DW (3).jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 626
Thanks for that Tom. It took a long time and a lot of stress picking a finish from pictures on the web and brochures. You don't know what you got until you you open the box! Btw, I was born in London also and moved to Canada as a child. Great city, always fun to visit. Here is a overhead and some shots of the kit moved downstairs to the soon to be finished drum room.

couldn't agree more. I've been probably about 20 times now in my life and every time i go i manage to find another place i've never seen before it's just so big.

Nice kit too by the way.

That kit looks absolutely fantastic!!! I saw a DW kit in that finish at a local drum shop and fell in love with it. If I ever get one it will be that finish or the ebony satin oil. The finish you chose is truly classy!!!! Congrats!!

Oh and then you post a pic with a roland v-drum kit :-() You must have one hard working band! You're a lucky man to have all those toys ;-)

Back