Tama Starclassic B/B

petro61

Hello Everyone,
I picked up a set of Tama B/B about 6 months ago. I gigged them out recently and was wondering how to bring out more of the sustain and low end from the bubinga. I can hear the attack of the birch. The drums have stock tama heads which are G2's over G1's. I was wondering if a single ply head would bring out more of the low end. I've always played maple sets and the B/B are new to my ears, any advise would be appreciated. BTW the sizes are 8x12, 14x16 and 18x22. Thanks,
Petro61

Attachments

• 0310131331b.jpg
    0310131331b.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 588
Im no expert but not sure how low a 8" tom can really go.......Sweet looking drums....

Uniin is right, it might just be a matter of you wanting more than there is. Tuning lower could help as well if you haven't already. You might want to try a single ply on the floor tom to see if you can get it nice, and if so, you could then buy one for the rack tom. Is the kick not an issue?

you should try evans g14, thick as a g1 but is a ony ply head. so it has lots of sustain and low end

Thanks for advise, the g14 sounds interesting...? The kick does sound good, plenty of bottom. The 8x12 being smallish can only give you so much I understand but I was wondering if the single ply would make it sing more. I appreciate all the comments.
petro61

Back