Gretsch doesn't answer emails?

fakeflyer737

So I've emailed them 3 times now about the wraps coming off of my floor toms on a 5 piece USA Custom kit that I purchased 6 months ago...what gives? I have a few questions for them and I have been completely nice and all that good stuff. Does anyone know why they won't reply? I have communicated with them before via this ([email protected]) email and always received a response in a timely manner.

Thanks

NAMM Time, maybe they are busy? But not a good excuse. Switching emails over to DW. Who knows.

That is odd. Gretsch is going through a transition period right now because of the dw acquisition. Perhaps you should email dw and see if they can help you. :)
Contact the folks at Steve Maxwell's, perhaps they can help you. They have ears inside Gretsch that respond to them.

Thanks guys, yes I know its NAMM time but this has been going on over the course of a few months. I did contact the dealer I just wanted to hear from the horses mouth...that my issue can be solved and how much it will cost me to have it shipper and all that. I've already had an issue with the DieCast hoops on my 12" tom, the chrome was not dry when they shipped (or something) and the chrome hoop was all bubbly...very odd. I respect them for fixing it and such but it really bothers me that they don't return my emails, I paid a lot of money for this kit and it was money I saved for a long time to get and I'm no rich person by any means.

I hope it isn't something on my end, because I'd feel like a real ass but I don't think it is.

Cheers

You mean something you would have done to make the wrap come loose? Unless you mistreated the drums somehow I doubt it. Probably a glue issue. What did your dealer say about it?

So I've emailed them 3 times now about the wraps coming off of my floor toms on a 5 piece USA Custom kit that I purchased 6 months ago...what gives? I have a few questions for them and I have been completely nice and all that good stuff. Does anyone know why they won't reply? I have communicated with them before via this ([email protected]) email and always received a response in a timely manner.

Thanks
Believe it or not, this isnt directly a Gretsch issue at this point.
For a quicker and more systematic response, you should be contacting the store you bought the kit from. Thats what a warranty is for and they are obliged to assist you first. It will be up to them to contact Gretsch and will likely get a reply sooner than you will.

Try emailing Kaman, since they are the distributor and essentially the parent company for Gretsch drums
[email protected]

And explain that no one from the gretsch email address is getting back to you.

Try emailing Kaman, since they are the distributor and essentially the parent company for Gretsch drums
[email protected]

And explain that no one from the gretsch email address is getting back to you.

Have you been living under a rock? KMC is no longer involved with Gretsch.

Have you been living under a rock? KMC is no longer involved with Gretsch.

Considering how many posts I have in the DW buys Gretsch thread, clearly no.

And given the purchase of the Gretsch drums was made several months ago while the sale of the distribution rights just happened, the warranty is still on KMC.

And notice, what is on the bottom of the Gretsch website:
http://www.gretschdrums.com/
© 2015 KMC MUSIC, INC.,

With a link that takes you to, wait for it, oh...
http://www.kmcmusicorp.com/

Buying right to a company isn't like buying a candy bar from the store, transfer of ownership isn't instant.

I hope it isn't something on my end, because I'd feel like a real ass but I don't think it is.

Cheers

Why would you possibly feel like an ass? You paid a lot of money for what is supposed to be a high end product. In this case, YOU are the boss, not the beggar. Relating bad experiences like this on the internet could result in a lot more than one dissatisfied customer. People pay attention when a company does not give post-sale service.

And you should NOT be out one penny for shipping or any other charges for an in-warranty service. This is the responsibility of the store that sold you the drums. They should be all over this problem and making sure you are satisfied.

At the same time, do exactly as DrumEatDrum has suggested: email (and CALL - repeatedly) KMC. For now, at least, they are the distributor. Be sure to keep a file of every contact you have with your dealer and KMC. Be sure to record the date of contact and exactly who you talked to and what they said. If the person you talk to will not give you solid answers and definite dates, ask to speak to their supervisor.

Don't hesitate to be assertive. Gretsch owes it to you to make this right.

GeeDeeEmm

Has your dealer refused to handle this claim?

No sir, I'll be bringing them in Saturday so they can ship them back to Gretsch. I was just worried with the whole DW drums thing and the fact that they havent answer emails for a few months you know what I mean. They're still under warranty so I'm pretty sure it will work out.

KMC Music Inc.,
55 Griffin Road South
Bloomfield, CT 06002-9005
Tel: (860) 509-8888
Please do not send pictures or attachments via email.
They cannot be received.
[email protected]

KMC Music Canada
B&J Music Ltd.
2360 Tedlo St
Mississauga, ON L5A 3V3
Canada
Tel: (905) 896-3001 Canadian Inquiries Only
Fax: (905) 896-4554

Here is the info from the kmc website.

KMC Music Inc.,
55 Griffin Road South
Bloomfield, CT 06002-9005
Tel: (860) 509-8888
Please do not send pictures or attachments via email.
They cannot be received.
[email protected]

KMC Music Canada
B&J Music Ltd.
2360 Tedlo St
Mississauga, ON L5A 3V3
Canada
Tel: (905) 896-3001 Canadian Inquiries Only
Fax: (905) 896-4554

thanks angus. I'm just learning from you now about KMS music and all that. I just assumed gretsch drums was owned by gretsch

while the sale of the distribution rights just happened, the warranty is still on KMC.

GRETSCH DRUMS ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY

Gretsch Drums are guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of original purchase through an authorized Gretsch drum dealer. All warranty repair claims and evaluations must be directed to Gretsch through an authorized dealer only. Authorized Gretsch dealers are conveniently located throughout the U.S. and internationally. If a customer is unable to locate a local authorized dealer, we will advise the closest area dealer. DO NOT return Gretsch products without going through a dealer. The dealer will receive a "Return Authorization" from us.

The following conditions and limitations will apply on all Gretsch Percussion Products:

This warranty does not apply to:
1.Drums purchased from a source other than an authorized Gretsch Dealer.
2.Any owner other than the original purchaser.
3.Any defects caused by unreasonable use, neglect, moisture and/or temperature extremes, handling, shipping, or accidents.
4.Drums that have had any unauthorized alterations or modifications, or whose serial number has been altered or removed.
5.Natural wood finishes or normal color changes of wood or shell covering material.
6.Drum heads and sticks.
7.Incidental or consequential damages that arise as a result of or related to a defect in or failure of Gretsch products.

Government Limitation on Warranties:

This warranty gives the original owner of Gretsch products specific legal rights and he/she may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Provisions of this warranty are covered by the laws of the state where the original owner purchases the product(s) covered hereby. The warranty is enforceable only to the extent and in the manner permitted under that state's law.

Our Pledge to Gretsch Customers:

You've got our word! ...That we will stand behind our product and reputation for quality. As a Gretsch customer, you have extended your confidence in a percussion musical instrument that is manufactured with you, the player, in mind.

Should a question arise concerning a warranty replacement or repair, notify your Gretsch Dealer and take the product to him/her for inspection with the original bill of sale. If your dealer is unable to correct a warranty defect, the dealer will contact Gretsch for further instructions as to the return of the product for factory inspection and evaluation.

Support Information

If you need customer service for your product, please visit our warranty information center.
If you need to speak to a Gretsch representative, you can email us at:

[email protected].

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WARRANTY INFORMATION LISTED ON THIS WEB SITE APPLIES TO UNITED STATES CUSTOMERS ONLY.

FOR CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR GRETSCH DISTRIBUTOR.

REPLACEMENT PARTS are available only through your authorized Gretsch dealer. For more information regarding replacement parts, email us at:

[email protected]

Back