Cleaning drums

kuren84

Hi all this is a task that i am sure many of us dread but what are your tips and secrets to keeping your drums looking their best. Certain polish or cream, even a certain type of cloth.

Thanks
Kevin

Tooth brush, file and a vaccum cleaner... ;´) ... just a piece of soft cloth!

Last edited:
Cymbal cleaner on chrome and hardware, guitar polish on the shells, most time the guitar polish will come with a soft cloth.

Steel wool, sand paper and pure chlorine.

This is great stuff but I find removing the heads and soaking the shells in a tub of gasoline overnight prior to applying these items helps too.

Seriously though, I just use a soft cloth on the shells. If there's a stain, say the stupid bassist spilled a beer on your kick, just wet a soft cloth, remove the stain then dry it immediately with a dry cloth. Paper towel is not an acceptable substitute (but chances are nothing cleans better than your favourite t-shirt).

Soft cloth your rims and hardware too to make them nice and shiny.

As for cymbals, don't touch them (just my personal opinion)

Old 100% cotton T shirts,or Microfiber cloths will do the trick.Use mild cleaners like guitar polish,or watered down Dawn dish detergent(I'm serious really) for stubborn stains.Rinse and dry well,and NO steel wool or wire hangers.:)

Steve B

Back