New setup and gear/new practice space!

Woodchipper

It's been a little while since I have posted something so I am gonna update about my new set up, new gear and finally my guitarist and I found an awesome practice space. We are currently renting a 10 x 30 room that is carpeted and has finished walls and has AC. We use heaters for the winter. We are also recording in this practice space too. My drums are set up on a homemade drum riser in the back and we have placed blankets and foam cut outs on the walls and ceilings of the back area. We even have to blankets that we can put up in front of the drum set to close it off and it acts like a "wall".
After moving in both me and my guitarist decided to put in a futon, TV with antenna, desks, end tables, posters, and even bring a cooler for beer. Its a great spot in such a hard city to find practice spaces. Its actually a storage unit that the owner converted into a band rehearsal space.

Now for the drums...
Shells
Tama Superstar Custom-Birch Shells (lacquer) with the Dark Mocha Fade
14" Birch Snare
10", 12", 16" toms
22" bass drum

Hardware
All Tama Roadpro Hardware
Tama Iron Cobra Double Bass/Single Pedal

Cymbals
All Sabian
14" AAX Stage Hats (Brilliant)
18" Vault V-Crash (Brilliant) (new)
18" HHX Evolution Crash (Brilliant)
22" AA Rock Ride (Brilliant) (new)
18" HHX China

Aux Percussion
Rhythm Tech Tambourine on Tama cymbal clamp
Latin Percussion Rock Cowbell on LP bass drum cowbell mount

Microphones/Recording
All drum kit microphones
CAD Pro 7-piece drum microphones (new)
All new cables
Fostex MR16HD 16 track recorder

Tell me what ya think! The pictures are not the best due to them being taken off my cell phone but it's a killer practice space!

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 390
  • mms_picture-1.jpg
    mms_picture-1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 386
  • mms_picture-2.jpg
    mms_picture-2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 393
  • mms_picture-3.jpg
    mms_picture-3.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 392
  • mms_picture-4.jpg
    mms_picture-4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 392
  • mms_picture-5.jpg
    mms_picture-5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 427
Nice finish. How do you like the 10,12,16 tom set up? I've tried in the past and really wasn't too fond of it. I used to have the same moving blankets hanging around my room too. Haha!

Nice finish. How do you like the 10,12,16 tom set up? I've tried in the past and really wasn't too fond of it. I used to have the same moving blankets hanging around my room too. Haha!

I like that set up the best. It sounds great and I have always tried switching it up with like a 1 up 2 down or 1 up 1 down but just having 2 rack toms is the best for me. The blankets and foam cut outs help so much with recording! It almost sounds professional!

Back