Tom angles!!!!

Re: Hilarious!

The drumming is hilarious and his tom angles hahaaaa xD
http://www.youtube.com/user/stuntmanBE#p/u/5/_-TP09e-5Eo
I thought I'd seen it all, but this is a whole new level of amusement. He's created a completely new style, the "no kick drum whatsoever" technique is inspiring (not to mention really handy for transport to gigs). Man, that guy can groooooove. Never have I heard such an understanding of the drummer's art. Toms perfectly placed to encourage the very best of technique. He's got it all.

I thought I'd seen it all, but this is a whole new level of amusement. He's created a completely new style, the "no kick drum whatsoever" technique is inspiring (not to mention really handy for transport to gigs). Man, that guy can groooooove. Never have I heard such an understanding of the drummer's art. Toms perfectly placed to encourage the very best of technique. He's got it all.

Not to mention the unique art of "not playing anything that sounds like the backing track." It's almost like he's playing drums with background music. Incredible.

Not to mention the unique art of "not playing anything that sounds like the backing track." It's almost like he's playing drums with background music. Incredible.
Oh no MM, you've completely missed the skill displayed there. His playing is the ultimate in slip timing polygroove technique!(wink). Also known as creative reflex applied polyrhythem (C.R.A.P. for short). Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh no MM, you've completely missed the skill displayed there. His playing is the ultimate in slip timing polygroove technique!(wink). Also known as creative reflex applied polyrythem (C.R.A.P. for short). Lol.

Creative Reflex Applied Polyrhythm ROFLOLOL

I love that clip. At first I'm thinking, "Gosh, what a handsome young guy" - and then he played. The effect would be equivalent to a guy seeing a sexy woman, but when she opens her mouth she sounds like Fran from The Nanny.

The crash cymbal was very special - a prime target to bend like a hat and give to Bill Bruford for another rousing version of One More Red Nightmare.

Re: tom angles!!!!

Whenever I Google something and I get Expert Village results, I pass right by them!

Bob, "Expert Village" is a misnomer, isn't it? It should be called Really Really Basic Village. It's bizarre - I don't get where they're coming from. I mean, why do it?

More like Village Idiots. They have a 10 part video on how to play the opening beat from "When the Levee Breaks". The guy who teaches it has no swing, or feel and he starts all ten parts by saying "Ummmmm...... So.....uh... What we're gonna.....uh...... do is............uh..........."

Oh no MM, you've completely missed the skill displayed there. His playing is the ultimate in slip timing polygroove technique!(wink). Also known as creative reflex applied polyrhythem (C.R.A.P. for short). Lol.

HA! I fwthped my gum out onto the monitor!

Any technique that creative has to have a YouTube channel and instructional DVD - "Master slip timing polygroove technique in three minutes! Secrets of of the CRAP technique revealed!"

I think a whole lot of these are just set up that way for the purposes of display.

Yes, that goes without saying. These are posted on Craigslist and to have any street cred at all, you must have steep angles, dented heads, dusty shells and bent hardware. Anything else and you'd be laughed off Craigslist, or suspected as some kind of scammer.

I am thinking of creating a Craigslist version of my set. If I sold it on Craigslist, what would it have to look like?

Couldn't resist posting this one: Nice drums, bad angles!

Attachments

• LL9396.jpg
    LL9396.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 778

For some reason, as soon as I saw this band live on TV, the drummer's crash cymbal height bothered me. It's not like has a lack of room, so why is it way up there!? On the other hand, his tom angle is perfect ;)
chrisguanlao.jpg

maybe he uses his sweat patches as an accessory? it really brings out the purple in his shirt..

haha. which band is he from? he looks american? the drums do look pretty swish though.

haha. which band is he from? he looks american? the drums do look pretty swish though.
Silversun Pickups. They are touring with Muse. I don't really like them, but I'm seeing Muse in two weeks. His cymbal is going to annoy me for the entire opening act.

ahh cool. are you in the US? i've seen muse at a few festivals and may go and see them at wembley later this year. great live band! check out an this band if you like indie. they're english but they're good, you probably already know them;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZuTIYEe_p8

Silversun Pickups. They are touring with Muse. I don't really like them, but I'm seeing Muse in two weeks. His cymbal is going to annoy me for the entire opening act.

You should heckle him. Find out his name then scream at him every time there's some silence =D

D2 Five piece drum set for sale. Like new with zeljian symbols and extra stand.

Back