1960'

Kothlow

Just thought I would show off my newest project which is a 60's silvertone 20/12/14, any suggestions would be great. Overall it is in great shape, need's a few little things. All in all, a great little kit to play around with, its a 3 ply luan (cheese wood) kit with reinforcement rings. If you owned this kit, what would you do head and wrap wise?

Oh ps, I have the snare too.. just forgot to include it in the pics.

Come on, show the pictures - can't resist!

Didn't get the pics first try, here they are.

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 246
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 245
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 243
Dat's Beautiful! My heart missed a beat! Let's see that snare, come on now, Don't be shy! Share the whole thing with us.

Alright, here she is. All in all the kit is in good shape, the bearing edges need some attention, the wrap is fair... I might just keep it to keep the kit more original. I have no complaints! For a 50yo kit, she's doing alright.

Attachments

• pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 219
If I owned that kit, I'd swap the heads out. Either a single or double ply coated batter head (I'd try ambs first and go with emps if I thought necessary), with a single ply clear reso. PS3's are my preferred choice for kick batter and reso's.

I love sparkle finishes though, so in all honesty unless there's something glaringly obvious that isn't showing up in the pics, I'd leave the finish on the kit as it is.

Man those BD spurs are serious.....look like they'd occupy their own postcode!!

Back