Show us your intermediate kits!!!!!

Lee-Cox

Well its not a classic maple, or a vintage model. But this is my Ludwig element birch kit. And I absolutely love it!!! I know the kits on this site are probably much higher in quality but I think I'm working on building a nice kit here. Started with a power set up which had 3 rack toms 10, 12 ,13 and a 16 floor tom. Dug around and found a 14 floor tom for it and converted it to a 12 up on top and 14, 16 on the floor. Changed the heads out to pinstripes with clears on the bottom and these drums really came to life. The snare came with the kit and that will be my next upgrade I believe.

As for the cymbals, I started with a wuhan pack that came with 16 crash 17 crash 14 hats and 20 inch ride. As my skills grew I immediately started changing them out. Replaced the hats with some 14 A customs. Changed out the 17 crash for an A custom 18 crash. And finally got rid of the ride and am currently borrowing a 20 zildjian avedis light ride. Honestly I kind of like the 16 wuhan crash. Its really pretty good in my opinion. And the wuhan 10 splash is pretty fun too!

I purchased the stands from my local music store. ( Sound Percussion ) And found the mapex straight stand at a local goodwill store. (score at 3 bucks!!) My pedals are DW 5000 and were purchased from ebay. (Barely used) I know my kit is made in china. But I honestly am very happy with the sound as well as the quality of it. And for all of the questions Ive asked on this forum through the years. I really do appreciate everyone's help along the way. Thanks so much. Lee

DSC01609 (800x600).jpg

DSC01607 (800x600).jpg

DSC01608 (800x600).jpg

This thread made me poop my pants.
My dad's name is Lee Cox and when I saw that name I kinda freaked. Then I opened the thread and saw you live in a complete other part of the country than me.

But nice kit though, dad. I have a DW performance in white ice 22X18, 12X9, 14X12.

This thread made me poop my pants.
My dad's name is Lee Cox and when I saw that name I kinda freaked. Then I opened the thread and saw you live in a complete other part of the country than me.

But nice kit though, dad. I have a DW performance in white ice 22X18, 12X9, 14X12.

Hell your reply made me poop mine!!! Hahahahahahah Thats sketchy!!!

Last edited:
Just picked these up last month, NOS Ludwig Accent CS Custom Elite Birch. They'd been sitting in the back of the local music store for years before I came across them. Lacquer finish, no wrap.

It's my first kit, decided to take up drums after years of guitar and bass. 16x24 , 16x16, 14x14 and 9x12, 90's Supraphonic I picked up a few months ago, Zildjian 20" A Custom medium ride, 18" A medium crash, Ludwig Atlas Classic hardware, and Atlas Classic throne.

Still looking for a second rack tom to match and trying to decide on a second crash.

Even though they are red, I love these drums. Kick is LOUD.

Attachments

• 2014-11-18 23.25.14.jpg
    2014-11-18 23.25.14.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 454
Those are nice kits. I've got an 88 mod. Yam. power tour custom kit. I don't have room to set it up, in fact most of it is at my church, just sitting there. I need to bring it home and take a few pics of it. There have been several times I would have liked to post a pic. of it. I also would like to play on them again. I haven't played them for several yr.

Sonor Force 3005's in Black Sparkle lacquer; maple shells in 8/10/12/14" with 22" bass. I use a Ludwig Black Acrolite snare in place of the matching snare. I removed the ugly puffy-sticker badges with a heat gun.

oe2hKg.jpg

Here are my Gretsch Catalina drums and the Pacific SX snare I use with them.

Attachments

• 100_0328.JPG
    100_0328.JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_0332.JPG
    100_0332.JPG
    310.8 KB · Views: 183
Back