Jojo Mayer/Modern Drummer DVD...

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey all,

Although I'm a committed Mac Guy, I'm not so sure I dig this buying videos from iTunes thing. Apparently they offer select performances from the 2005 Modern Drummer Festivals and I'm trying to get the 2005 Jojo Mayer performance with Nerve. However, if I buy it I'm stuck with watching it on my computer or my iPod.

Does anyone know if Modern Drummer ever offered these as stand alone DVDs? Or are you stuck with buying the whole Festival? Is there any way to burn what I buy from iTunes to a DVD to watch on my own tv?

I'm a Luddite when it comes to certain things, I guess...

I just don't like not having a DVD/Blu-Ray that I can actually play on regular tv's and such. It's like Apple is strapping you to watch it on your iPod or on your computer only. I'd rather spend the extra and have a physical disc I can watch on anything. I don't think I should have to go through an extra step to burn a disc, which I'm sure Apple considers stealing. Buying or renting videos, unfortunately hasn't gotten easier with the iTunes way...

Thanks for the info - but I'm trying to keep my computer in the computer room. My life is complicated enough with what I want to do. Watching a movie shouldn't be.

If I'm lucky, cassettes and LPs will come back in full force too.

You actually still have a "Computer Room"
You don't use wifi and a lap top?

You have to stop buying drum kits and upgrade your computer. ;)

You actually still have a "Computer Room"
You don't use wifi and a lap top?

You have to stop buying drum kits and upgrade your computer. ;)

Sorry Bob, I tried the whole mobile laptop thing and the work I do away from home is never as good as when I am at home, so I just don't do it anymore. Besides, I'm running a big tower Mac with a 24" cinema display (there's that whole photo business I do too) and seriously am dealing with more data to handle than I want to use a laptop for. When I'm away from home - I refuse to do any computer-related work! Even when I'm shooting pictures on vacation, I just carry alot of flash cards for the camera!

This way I stay sane.

I figured that you would like the idea of having your tower in your computer room networked with all of the computers in your house and wirelessly controlled from any room in your house and linked to any TV in your house.

I figured that you would like the idea of having your tower in your computer room networked with all of the computers in your house and wirelessly controlled from any room in your house and linked to any TV in your house.

No, I'm all about simple. That's too complicated to set-up. I don't want to have to be an IT guy in my own place, and then my wife would have to learn about it too.

And GD - I went to Amazon.com and they had a business who was selling slightly used DVDs - I got my copy for $15!

Thats the cool thing about Apple Bo,
You don't have to be an IT person to do stuff like this.

Thats the cool thing about Apple Bo,
You don't have to be an IT person to do stuff like this.

"Thank you for calling Apple, my name is Jeremy. Can I start by having your first name please?

Thanks, Bo.

Bo, are you calling about a previous case number today?

No? All right then, what can I help you with?"

AppleCare, ftw.

Its just that easy jer,
The Apple store is near my home.
I just walk in and I ask them to set me up with what I want to do.
They sell me what I need and then show me how if I have a question.

Last edited:
Its just that easy jer,
The Apple store is near my home.
I just walk in and I ask them to set me up with what I want to do.
They sell me what I need and the show me how if I have a question.

You reminded me of my time spent working for Apple, I was always amazed at how much their help covered.

Bo, wireless networking has never been easier, you really don't need to be or have an IT guy to set it up. If you only knew the power of the Dark Side...

I even networked my MacBook with a Windows 7 PC at work with a wireless system.
It took me almost no time to do it!
I'm a computer idiot!
I couldn't believe how easy it was!

I love my mac, Garage Band is a hugely underestimated recording device.

If anyone has any input on how to get multi channel support hooked into my mac, please PM me so not to totally derail this post.

I think I'm just incredibly lazy. At Disney, you know what I get to deal with everyday? Moving audio around over the ethernet with QSC's RAVE system, and other units called BLU-32. We have a CobraNet package we also use along with LCS - all of this is used to move audio into various parts of the resort via the big ethernet cloud. For the most part it's sorta' seamless, but when it doesn't work, it's an incredible PITA.

Setting up my house would be incredibly easy, you're right. But my time at home is when I want to get away from that stuff. And the way I look at it, I figure $15 for a DVD set is still less of a hassle than wiring up the world.

We were just keeping a dead thread alive Bo!
I got your meaning a few posts ago.

Back