Strange idea for sticks

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
So....I was playing a party last night and we were playing outside. It has been a little bit cold here in So Cal the last couple days. The problem with playing outside is that my sticks get cold. I change sticks and play rods on a few songs. It's not a big big deal, but I'd like my sticks to be warm when I go back to using them. So I was thinking a stick sock would be cool, or maybe a battery operated sleeve that you can slip into your stick bag. It would have a small heating element and work much like a heated blanket.

What do you think? Do you have any strange ideas?

You could get those little handwarmers like hunters and outdoorspeople use up here in the great white north. They're little bags of a compound that, when activated, stays warm for quite a long time. Just stick one or two in your stick bag.

https://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/

I thought about handwarmers like that. It might work, not sure how well though. They're cheap enough, but I was just brainstorming something like a stick bag with a heated pocket that could operate on a small battery or rechargeable battery. I just don't like cold sticks even though they warm up in my hands after a song or two.

Sit on a pair and switch every song. Free hot sticks.

Maybe slide them in your sock if you dont want to sit on them.

Agreed with sitting on them.

yes brrr it has been pretty crisp outside lately, lucky my NYE gig was indoors, and warm & cozy!

Bermuda

I know a place where they will stay warm....

Sorry Zeph that was completely uncalled for.

But TBH, I think it's a pretty cool idea.

They could make something that recaptures some energy from the stick moving to somehow warm the stick

I'm thinking that I just invented something cool; and if I tell you what it is, I'll be missing out on a lifetime of income.

But hey, my lifetime is short now. So what the heck..................

Someone needs to design a stick holder that you strap on to the left side of the lower half of your leg (just below the knee).

Your spare sticks would be accessible and they would stay warm.

I'm thinking that I just invented something cool; and if I tell you what it is, I'll be missing out on a lifetime of income.

But hey, my lifetime is short now. So what the heck..................

Someone needs to design a stick holder that you strap on to the left side of the lower half of your leg (just below the knee).

Your spare sticks would be accessible and they would stay warm.

It's called an elastic band Jim :p

It's called an elastic band Jim :p

Bam! Problem solved.

1972.jpg

I suppose sitting on them would work the best. I know it wouldn't warrant a new problem that needs to be addressed by a manufacturer. If I did have a good idea, I certainly wouldn't be discussing it here.

Sunday night I tried sitting on the sticks while use my rods. It worked great. It's a wonder I've never even thought about it.

Back