Lady Gaga on the Oscars.

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I have to say, I was totally floored by her singing of songs from "The Sound of Music"

I had no idea she was that accomplished of a singer. I totally dismissed her without really knowing anything about her, my ignorance. She acted with total class when Julie Andrews came out too. My opinion of her did a 180 after seeing that.

Neil Patrick Harris was too stiff and didn't smile enough. Was not crazy about him as a host.

Yep, she seems to be the real deal. I've heard her perform with Tony Bennett and she seems to do that genre (singing standards) well too.

I said long ago that Gaga is the real thing. Besides being a great singer, she writes and she plays, which places her much higher up the food chain than Britney, Christina, Demi, etc etc.

Bermuda

I said long ago that Gaga is the real thing. Besides being a great singer, she writes and she plays, which places her much higher up the food chain than Britney, Christina, Demi, etc etc.

Bermuda

Can you prove that?

JK man.

I feel like I owe Ms. Gaga an apology for dissing her.

Bermuda

Maybe, but the music she is famous for sucks in my opinion. Give me Taylor swift or Katy perry over her any day.

Fair play to her - that was a good performance (I had to go & watch it as I've not seen the show). Apart from the somewhat gaudy arm tattoos, she made a good go of capturing the original vibe & vocal c/w a nod to Julie's accent.

I've been saying this for five years. You mother*****rs need to listen to me more closely. I'm way ahead of the curve.

I've been saying this for five years. You mother*****rs need to listen to me more closely. I'm way ahead of the curve.

I've been listening, lol. I'm just quiet about it.

Yea, she can sing, and she can play. She wasn't bad at the Stevie Wonder tribute show either.

But the Oscars solidified for me that she is a caricature and an act. She wants people to notice her more than she wants to express herself... or even respect herself and others.

She has talents, some of them musical, but she is not a musician in my book. I don't know what you mean by "real deal" Bermuda.. I'll give you that she's a few steps above the cash cow pop puppet, like Brintey et al, but that just means that she does all her own puppeteering - which is slightly worse to me and a bit creepy.

Yea, she can sing, and she can play. She wasn't bad at the Stevie Wonder tribute show either.

But the Oscars solidified for me that she is a caricature and an act. She wants people to notice her more than she wants to express herself... or even respect herself and others.

She has talents, some of them musical, but she is not a musician in my book. I don't know what you mean by "real deal" Bermuda.. I'll give you that she's a few steps above the cash cow pop puppet, like Brintey et al, but that just means that she does all her own puppeteering - which is slightly worse to me and a bit creepy.

And drummers aren't real musicians either, etc, etc...

I didn't watch the Oscars-my bad. Lady Gaga is really talented but Julie Andrews OMG the lady is still a beauty and class act-if she only had her original voice I'd like to hear that again. I've been "crushing" on her since a young lad.

Hey Larry, I was listening! When I first saw her, via link from this forum, I became a believer. She's the real deal, IMO. And she's savvy with her own marketing. Didn't see the show last night, though, but not surprised to see she's won some converts.

She has a very nice new Album out with Tony Bennett doing older stuff.

Bermuda
and Beyonce too don't be scared of Kanye.lol

She has talents, some of them musical, but she is not a musician in my book. I don't know what you mean by "real deal" Bermuda..

She's a singer-songwriter who plays piano, so at the very least she's a true artist. The piano playing and composing isn't enough to qualify her as a "musician"? In that case, I'm definitely not a musician, either.

I'll give you that she's a few steps above the cash cow pop puppet, like Brintey et al, but that just means that she does all her own puppeteering...

Better to be the puppeteer than the puppet. It's what everyone strives for in the music business, and she's there.

That's not to say everyone has to like here just for that, but you have to respect why she's where she is.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Besides being so incredibly talented and attractive Lady Gaga has the strength to hold all three fellas on her right side too. That's amazing. Boy dynamite really does come in small packages.

Gaga is the real deal, in the same manner that Bowie was the real deal. A highly capable writer, vocalist, and performer. I like seeing her performances, because she always challenges my imagination is strange ways. I have to admit, much like 70's era Bowie, I simply don't "Get It" a good 50% of the time.

The Lady has talent beyond way too many others that have "made it" in my opinion. She also has great depth, being able to sing her "stuff", then do Tony Bennett and Julie Andrew's show tunes. IMO she has it all over Madonna. Taylor Swift is a good singer and performs well, but Gaga has more dimension. Carrie Underwood is also super and puts Beyoncé and Rhianna and the rest under the table. Nice to see those three up where they belong.

Back