Snow in New England

2bsticks

Platinum Member
If I practiced as much as I shoveled, raked my roof with a snow rake and snow blowed my property the last three weeks I'd be doing clinics :) No more snow, bring on the Spring. And this is before the last storm.

Attachments

• winter.jpg
    winter.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 243
I can sympathize, although we have had very mild winters the past couple of years. Some years are brutal, though.

I remember a few years ago being able to walk from my roof down to the ground after awhile. Needed snowshoes to fill the bird feeders. At one point my ex suggested I might need to go up and shovel the roof yet again, and I told her forget it, I was just waiting for it to collapse and get it over with, and I was hoping I was in my recliner in the living room when it did, lol.

Hang in there. Spring is coming!

Hand over Belichick and Brady and your suffering will end!......Your friends in Indianapolis

Attachments

• rexfeatures_1635823a.jpg
    rexfeatures_1635823a.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 177
  • xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 178
  • big_thumb_73eee98d0ffa20449b8d9daeb16e0ace.jpg
    big_thumb_73eee98d0ffa20449b8d9daeb16e0ace.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 176
2BSticks, thats what my place looks like. I'm just a couple towns over from you.

I have to keep my basement door clear, or I won't get the drums out, but there's no place to put the snow.

Upstate New York. Roof rake, shovel/salt walk. Snow machine for the driveway. 2 Vehicles to clear. Then yesterday, BAM! My septic backed up. Ran to the Depot this morning for a mainline machine. Rented. Bull-dogged it solo into and out of the van (Heavy MF'er). I'll probably regret that tomorrow.

F'ing beat.

My drums sound so F'ing good right now. Can't wait till the missus gets home so I can go out to the garage and take a great big ole rip and just relax for an hour or two.

The only time snow is a problem is when the embankments hit that magic ~5' height where your 7HP snow blower can't throw over top of them and you start to lose real-estate. Once that happens, it really needs to stop snowing for a day or two.

2BSticks, thats what my place looks like. I'm just a couple towns over from you.

I have to keep my basement door clear, or I won't get the drums out, but there's no place to put the snow.

My backup kit is in my car till Spring by the looks of it.

My front door is blocked with around 5 feet of snow, and it probably won't be March or April until it opens. :)

Being from Michigan I understand that we get snow in the winter time but I really feel for you guys & gals on the east coast. you guys have been slammed for sure, last winter we got hit pretty hard but nothing like there & I had a 9-10 ft snow bank in front of my house. morel of the story Spring will be here soon so chin up but not soon enough i'm sure...lol

Bonzolead

Andrew Luck, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just going to bash your brains in :)

Our Governor was going to send you a convoy of 60 national guard trucks. But it's been warming up here and we all felt the snow inside the trucks would melt before we got there. Instead we are sending the button to the snow machine. Just push it and good luck. ;) (Mr. Karma)

Attachments

• imagesGD4VB4YE.jpg
    imagesGD4VB4YE.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 120
2BSticks, your reply had me laughing hard. I want you to know that I really do feel for your suffering through this crazy winter. Last year Indianapolis had it's snowiest winter since they started records. We know yours is even worse and I was only hoping a little humor might help. Anyway, like Bonzo said, keep your chin up. This too shall pass. Thanks for the laugh.

Attachments

• dunce_cap.jpg
    dunce_cap.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 102
Thanks Sky. At least it's February and not December. Colts are on their way to the top again. Luck is a great QB. As long as you have good ownership and coaching.

Used to live in the north on the snow belt side of lake Erie so I know what a lot of snow is like. In some ways I miss snow in the winter. But enough is enough!

Looks like another foot coming in Saturday night, there goes Sunday's gig?

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit drinking :)

Last edited:
Back