Taye Originals?

RobertM

Platinum Member
I am putting together a drum kit for my dad-in-law in his favorite color (a green-ish color), and because of the color emphasis, I think I'll need to go custom (since most of the big companies don't offer this shade of green).

I am trying not to break the $2K mark (his limit) for his kit idea (20/14/12). Do folks recommend Taye Originals? I'm thinking that GMS, Pork Pie, Noble & Cooley, and the other well-known custom shops will be too pricey.

Any recommendations for drums to look at? I brought up Taye Originals because they are usually more affordable (at least the StudioMaples are, and Originals are identical to the SM's except for color customization) than most other companies.

I play Taye Studio Maples, great sound and the company is great to work with, I highly recommend them.

Gerald

I am putting together a drum kit for my dad-in-law in his favorite color (a green-ish color), and because of the color emphasis, I think I'll need to go custom (since most of the big companies don't offer this shade of green).

I am trying not to break the $2K mark (his limit) for his kit idea (20/14/12). Do folks recommend Taye Originals? I'm thinking that GMS, Pork Pie, Noble & Cooley, and the other well-known custom shops will be too pricey.

Any recommendations for drums to look at? I brought up Taye Originals because they are usually more affordable (at least the StudioMaples are, and Originals are identical to the SM's except for color customization) than most other companies.

Hi,

I've never been disappointed with their drums or their customer service. Give 'em a call for a quote.

Take care,
-r

I have a set of originals. The sizes are 10, 12, 14, 20, 14. I am very happy with them and plan on keeping this set for the rest of my life.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 140
Back