Mapex mydentity

Does anyone have one of these? I wonder if the build quality and sound of these kits is as interesting as the quick build process and wrap choice.

Does anyone have one of these? I wonder if the build quality and sound of these kits is as interesting as the quick build process and wrap choice.

I've had my Mapex MyDentity kit since Christmas 2012. Specs: 16x26 kick, 12x14 rack, 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms. 100% Maple shells. LM402 6.5x14 snare. Paiste 2002 cymbals, 24 ride, 18 crash, 18 med crash, 20 crash, 15 SE hats, 10 splash, 8 effects bell thingy. The Mapex MyDentity team that puts these kits together in TN have great customer service skills.

Quality = top notch. The wrap I selected (I love this wrap, some do not) was put on right, no wrinkles or bad seams and it hugs the bearing edge nice and tight. Lugs, rims, logo, all put on with quality, I've had no issues with roundness or lugs coming loose. Just a rock solid well built kit.

Sound: Loud, big shells = loud shells, I love the tone, the kick gives me a nice boom but in my small office space for recording purposes they ring a little bit so I use some moon gel, their still lively but controlled. For live gigs I remove the moon gel and I enjoy the sound. I recently started to get into recording so I've included a sample of my efforts. The sample has very little EQ or compression and though not 100 pure gives a good idea of what they sound like running through mics.

MyDentity kit in Action

Attachments

• 20130817_101007_6_bestshotsmall.jpg
    20130817_101007_6_bestshotsmall.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 1,854
  • 20130817_101121_3_bestshotsmall.jpg
    20130817_101121_3_bestshotsmall.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 2,686
  • 20130817_101306_1_bestshotsmall.jpg
    20130817_101306_1_bestshotsmall.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 9,377
I love your stand for your electronics. Who is the manufacturer?

Very nice kit. Wow!! Love the wrap!! Just gorgeous!!

I've had my Mapex MyDentity kit since Christmas 2012. Specs: 16x26 kick, 12x14 rack, 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms. 100% Maple shells. LM402 6.5x14 snare. Paiste 2002 cymbals, 24 ride, 18 crash, 18 med crash, 20 crash, 15 SE hats, 10 splash, 8 effects bell thingy. The Mapex MyDentity team that puts these kits together in TN have great customer service skills.

Quality = top notch. The wrap I selected (I love this wrap, some do not) was put on right, no wrinkles or bad seams and it hugs the bearing edge nice and tight. Lugs, rims, logo, all put on with quality, I've had no issues with roundness or lugs coming loose. Just a rock solid well built kit.

Sound: Loud, big shells = loud shells, I love the tone, the kick gives me a nice boom but in my small office space for recording purposes they ring a little bit so I use some moon gel, their still lively but controlled. For live gigs I remove the moon gel and I enjoy the sound. I recently started to get into recording so I've included a sample of my efforts. The sample has very little EQ or compression and though not 100 pure gives a good idea of what they sound like running through mics.

MyDentity kit in Action

Beautiful kit, you can't go wrong with Mapex, simply the most bang for your buck.

I will be in the market for a new kit next summer. Seeing that kit has put a MyDentity kit on my radar. I had never really considered them as an option but man is that a gorgeous drum set. Those wraps are awesome.

I will be in the market for a new kit next summer. Seeing that kit has put a MyDentity kit on my radar. I had never really considered them as an option but man is that a gorgeous drum set. Those wraps are awesome.

I've been real happy with the sound of the kit and the quality of the wrap. When I ordered the kit they were very accommodating. I wanted a 14x12 tom, they only had that size in a floor tom so I asked them to wrap me up a floor tom but not to add the FT legs. When it came in the first thing I did was fix the predrilled holes with wood dowels (small hole, 9 total) a friend of mine that does wood work did this for me and you can hardly see the holes. Put new heads on it sounded great. Good luck and enjoy.

"Gibraltar, the stand is real sturdy and there are a lot of options for mounting you equipment with add ons. "

Thanks.

Back