NAMM Predictions?

Dalton M

Hi everyone. Sorry for starting this thread if it's a duplicate, but I searched and didn't find anything.

The real reason for this is because I'd like to know if you guys think that Gretsch will be refreshing its Renown maple line. I found a good deal on an existing Renown 5 piece kit. I just don't want to buy it, and then half a month later have a better one be announced. I guess I'm trying to prevent the whole "I bought the iPhone and then the next day they came out with a better model for 100 dollars less" thing from happening.

Anyway, other predictions for NAMM are cool too!

Welcome to the Forum...no predictions here just WOULD LOVE TO GET INTO NAMM, living in San Diego so close and not being able go get in SUCKS!!!! Anyone want to sponsor me I will go any of those days...PM ME...>LOL

Pearl will announce the eventual replacement of the Vision series with a new line called Paradigm, which will offer fewer sizes and colors and cost more (and won't sell worth a damn because nobody knows how to pronounce Paradigm).

DW will introduce new specialty sizes, including 9 9/16", 17 3/4" toms, an 11 13/16" snare, and a 21" bass drum for guys who want the boom of a 22" with the punch of a 20". They will also be making a 20" floor tom with snares on it and call it a "slow ballad snare".

Sabian will be making a line of custom hubcaps from B20 bronze.

Zildjian will drop the A lines altogether and make only K's in an attempt to prove that they are more traditional than any other cymbal maker in the universe.

Paiste will come to their senses and bring back the Visions cymbals...all 150 of them.

Remo, flush with success from selling "fruitshakes" all over, will be making chekeres in the shape of a bone-in ham, maracas that resemble turkey drumsticks, and a bass drum that looks like an oversized swiss cheese wheel.

Actually that's all horsesh1t. I've stopped trying to guess what these clowns are going to do from minute to minute. It was fun speculating anyway.=)

Pearl Demon Drive and a new Tama pedal to replace to IC's, which are supposedly being discontinued.

Some interesting new surprises and handmade beauties from Agop are in store. My source is pretty tight lipped about them for NAMM 09 this year but expect some further pies in the Lenny White Signature Epoch series first up. Some other new artist Signature pies and some other stuff to hot to talk about involving product lines so i've been told. We'll have to wait till all is unveiled at NAMM 09 :}

Oh yes and the new Agop logo:

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 364
Pearl will announce the eventual replacement of the Vision series with a new line called Paradigm, which will offer fewer sizes and colors and cost more (and won't sell worth a damn because nobody knows how to pronounce Paradigm).

DW will introduce new specialty sizes, including 9 9/16", 17 3/4" toms, an 11 13/16" snare, and a 21" bass drum for guys who want the boom of a 22" with the punch of a 20". They will also be making a 20" floor tom with snares on it and call it a "slow ballad snare".

Sabian will be making a line of custom hubcaps from B20 bronze.

Zildjian will drop the A lines altogether and make only K's in an attempt to prove that they are more traditional than any other cymbal maker in the universe.

Paiste will come to their senses and bring back the Visions cymbals...all 150 of them.

Remo, flush with success from selling "fruitshakes" all over, will be making chekeres in the shape of a bone-in ham, maracas that resemble turkey drumsticks, and a bass drum that looks like an oversized swiss cheese wheel.

Actually that's all horsesh1t. I've stopped trying to guess what these clowns are going to do from minute to minute. It was fun speculating anyway.=)

Rofl. That was hilarious. The Dw stuffs probably somewhat true lol

Lots of Ludwig 100th anniversary products, hopefully slightly more affordable than the $7500 gold plated snare theyve released, and hopefully more high-quality than the new "centennial" series drums.

And hopefully some black Alphas from Paiste WITHOUT joey jordison's "logo" plastered all over them.

In line with the previous post I would love to see a company celebrate a Birthday with some reasonably priced, limited edition products. As much as I like Gretsch, I cannot afford a 5000.00 dollar drum set or an 800.00 dollar snare. I did buy a 5.00 pin for my 15.00 dollar Gretsch hat. I think more of the brand hounds like myself may buy into a a 2000.00 dollar set with Birthday badges or logos and help spread the wealth and the celebration. Good luck with the Ludwig birthday goods.

Last edited:
I really shouldn't be letting the cat out of the bag..but, hey, it's Christmas, so why not :)

Check out the video attached...I'm really proud and excited about this

It will debut at NAMM !

C ya!

Attachments

• P4 Assembly 16Dec08 - 2.avi
    7.6 MB · Views: 198
I talked with a Bosphorus guy at Pasic and he said Stanton Moore is coming out with a new line. Don't know if they're gonna be at NAMM though.

Back