You know you're a drummer when...

Doug Masters

Silver Member
When you get your Starbucks coffee you inspect the "bearing edge" of the cup before placing the lid on. Am I the only one who does this?

Yea, you're the only one. Fairly confident.

When you get your Starbucks coffee you inspect the "bearing edge" of the cup before placing the lid on. Am I the only one who does this?

You might be starting a trend, hehe...
Next time I get coffee, I'll might be thinking of bearing edges, too...

You might be starting a trend, hehe...
Next time I get coffee, I'll might be thinking of bearing edges, too...

Coffee ups, no. Soda cans out of vending machines, yes. Gotta make sure they are clean.

...when the click sound of the turn signal become the click for your random drumming on the dashboard of your car.

I like to check the timing of my signal and the one in front of me at a stop light and try to determine which is faster.

I like to check the timing of my signal and the one in front of me at a stop light and try to determine which is faster.

I do something similar but I'm looking to see if I can make a nice polyrhythm out of it.

I do this also. I DO NOT want the opening in the lid lined up with the seam in the cup. That's just asking for hot coffee to dribble all over the chin.

There's more than two pieces of drum gear in your car right now!

I stare at the car in front of me in the turn lane and see if their rear turn signal is keeping a steady beat. If it doesn't it kinda disturbs me.

And if the car in front of mines signal is not in sinc with mine....he's out of the band.

You know your a drummer,when you think that noise your turn signal makes is a click track.

You know your a drummer when you run over rumble strips on the sholder of the road,and try to do fills.

You mount a practice pad on the dash board and steering wheel.

You open the glove box and find all of those missing tuning keys,and wing nuts.:)

You come to a rail road crossing,with a flashing red light,and your counting BPM,and you try to find the "one"

Steve B

You know you're a drummer because you have more road cases than the rest of the band combined.

You know you're a drummer because you're the only one who brings their own rug to a gig.

You know you're a drummer because sometimes you brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand just to keep things balanced.

You know you're a drummer because you secretly harbor the thought that executing very fast paradiddles on your abdomen will develop your hand speed and give you a six-pack.

You know you're a drummer because your significant other keeps reminding you to stop hitting yourself in public, regardless of the specific pattern involved.

You know you're a drummer because no one else would pay over $500 for a lathed bronze disk and be ecstatic about it.

You know you're a drummer when the gap between the end of the belt and the actual belt itself, is very amusing. So amusing that you just want to continuely tap it.

I mean, I can't be the only one.

You know you're a drummer when the gap between the end of the belt and the actual belt itself, is very amusing. So amusing that you just want to continuely tap it.

I mean, I can't be the only one.

+1! The end is exactly long enough to give a nice snap. Prevents from getting any fatter.

... You repeatedly get told by strangers on the train to stop tapping hands and feet...

... Your parter finds increasingly creative ways if being out of the house when you have to practice...

... Your non-drummer parter can hold a conversation about cymbal making...

:)

You know you're a drummer because sometimes you brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand just to keep things balanced.

+1 guilty as charged... And also start using the computer mouse with your non-dominant hand...

...you flinch when people clap along to a song wrongly(?).

...you tap your hands and feet during school and your class stares at you like you're half crazy.

...your tuition teacher keeps complaining about mixing drum notation papers with your work and/or assignment papers

...you hear a/an/the car alarm/clock ticking/water dripping, etc. and you start counting off to it.

...you pick up a random stick(not drumstick(s)...!) and it feels too light/heavy/unbalanced for you.

Last edited:
When you misplace your keys and they get returned to you because of the drum key on it. (This actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago)

The whirr of the photocopier sounds like a shuffle.

You spell "stag" with double g. (I have just done this, in front of a roomful of clients.)

Back