Has this every happened to you?

I suspect you achieved an interspatial resonance factor previously unknown to theorists.

Ogata and Ghatak noted in 2005 that Schumann resonance can be achieved at relatively low frequencies, even as low as 10Hz. Since your 32nd note strokes at 200bpm equal approximately 100Hz, there is every possibility that a quantum resonance could have been achieved.

Of course, quantum resonance is dependent on the Q factor of the frequency generator and the relative characteristics of the environment, given the Uncertainty Principle and its interaction with Special Relativity. Siegman and Siebert, working from Terman's groundbreaking 1936 efforts, found in 1986 that simple objects can be made to shift quantum state by placing them in a chamber of a given resonance and applying specific frequencies of sonic energy. (NB: Another source, rarely cited, is the still-classified findings of the Philadephia Experiment.)

Thankfully, the calculations are fairly straightforward.

If the distance between the sides is d,, the length of a roundtrip is 2d,. In order to cause resonance, the phase of a sinusoidal wave after a roundtrip has to be equal to the initial phase, so the waves will reinforce. So the condition for resonance in a resonator is that the roundtrip distance, 2d,, be equal to an integer number of wavelengths λ, of the wave:

b6068927af5b497c63d2124456c4e38f.png

If the velocity of a wave is υ,, the frequency is f = v / λ, so the resonant frequencies are:

7798a1807428ea716ecc6ef48d1893b7.png

It appears the particles which made up your drumsticks were unstable particles, with the formula above valid if the Γ is the decay rate and Ω replaced by the particle's mass M. In that case, the formula comes from the particle's propagator, with its mass replaced by the complex number M+iΩ. The formula is further related to the particle's decay rate by the optical theorem, which is why the sticks disappeared from view.

Having met the prerequisites for Schumann Resonance, clearly your dropped drumsticks have either been cloaked in much the same manner as the USS Eldridge, or indeed met with a wormhole you have inadvertently created. If the former occurred, odds are you will tread on the quantum-invisible stick in the middle of the night and fall over. In the latter circumstance I hope the sticks turned up somewhere interesting, creating massive conspiracy theories among an alien culture.

I suspect you achieved an interspatial resonance factor previously unknown to theorists.

Ogata and Ghatak noted in 2005 that Schumann resonance can be achieved at relatively low frequencies, even as low as 10Hz. Since your 32nd note strokes at 200bpm equal approximately 100Hz, there is every possibility that a quantum resonance could have been achieved.

Of course, quantum resonance is dependent on the Q factor of the frequency generator and the relative characteristics of the environment, given the Uncertainty Principle and its interaction with Special Relativity. Siegman and Siebert, working from Terman's groundbreaking 1936 efforts, found in 1986 that simple objects can be made to shift quantum state by placing them in a chamber of a given resonance and applying specific frequencies of sonic energy. (NB: Another source, rarely cited, is the still-classified findings of the Philadephia Experiment.)

If the distance between the sides is d,, the length of a roundtrip is 2d,. In order to cause resonance, the phase of a sinusoidal wave after a roundtrip has to be equal to the initial phase, so the waves will reinforce. So the condition for resonance in a resonator is that the roundtrip distance, 2d,, be equal to an integer number of wavelengths λ, of the wave:

If the velocity of a wave is υ,, the frequency is f = v / λ, so the resonant frequencies are:

It appears the particles which made up your drumsticks were unstable particles, with the formula above valid if the Γ is the decay rate and Ω replaced by the particle's mass M. In that case, the formula comes from the particle's propagator, with its mass replaced by the complex number M+iΩ. The formula is further related to the particle's decay rate by the optical theorem, which is why the sticks disappeared from view.

Having met the prerequisites for Schumann Resonance, clearly your dropped drumsticks have either been cloaked in much the same manner as the USS Eldridge, or indeed met with a wormhole you have inadvertently created. If the former occurred, odds are you will tread on the quantum-invisible stick in the middle of the night and fall over. In the latter circumstance I hope the sticks turned up somewhere interesting, creating massive conspiracy theories among an alien culture.

Yes but quantum effects are best observed at a Classical level at super-low temperatures. See Bose-Einstein Condensates... Given that New Jersey at this time of year isn't so low, I doubt it would work.

I'm here all week.

Yeah but the relationship is weak at best. My hunch is that he somehow managed to shift the mass of one stick to the complex conjugate, M-iΩ, thus a stick pairing would leave us with the separated real and imaginary components. An imaginary stick is, of course, not one that is directly visible. Hence he is left with one stick (the real component) and the other appears to be "missing" (the imaginary component). My suggestion is that the next time this happens, he should continue with a roll but move the hands so that the sticks form a 45 degree angle. If all goes well, he should then wind up with two sticks, although one will be shortened to cos(45) and the other to sin(45), which although they'll be short, at least both will be short by the same amount, or approximately 70.7% of the original length.

That the effect was observed* in New Jersey opens up a number of new and interesting possibilities.

For example, if he lives in the area of Passaic - a hot, dry, dusty, and cheerless place, not unlike the plains of Udûn - the potential for static-electricity buildup can have a significant effect on the equations. The whole area can be considered a giant capacitor.

For another, if he lives in the area of the George Washington Bridge, the effect could be delayed by secret gubernatorial fiat. In that case, he hasn't lost one stick from two pairs at different times, he's lost each stick of the same pair at the same time, but in a space-time fluctuation caused by the influence of Chris Christie's inherent and powerful gravity well.

For yet another, he could just be a Devils fan, in which case he's getting what he so richly deserves and just losing sticks out of karma.

* which may change everything, vis. Heisenberg.

P.S. I love you guys. :-D

... in a space-time fluctuation caused by the influence of Chris Christie's inherent and powerful gravity well.

Which not only can cause sticks to disappear but which can also force traffic to a complete standstill.

very good explanation...but In cases where the snare beats are either too irregular, too heavy or of significance to a community in disaster response (like what happened when Mooney collapsed and Scott Halpin was called in to sit in for 2 numbers ), the response spectrum approach is no longer appropriate, and more complex analysis is often required, such as non-linear static analysis or dynamic analysis.

just a thought.

I'm uncertain about this topic.

Which means that I can't observe what's happened without changing the outcome.

Oh well.

Can a drum stick be lost and its location be known at the some time?

Schrodinger rules the waves, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah but the relationship is weak at best. My hunch is that he somehow managed to shift the mass of one stick to the complex conjugate, M-iΩ, thus a stick pairing would leave us with the separated real and imaginary components. An imaginary stick is, of course, not one that is directly visible. Hence he is left with one stick (the real component) and the other appears to be "missing" (the imaginary component). My suggestion is that the next time this happens, he should continue with a roll but move the hands so that the sticks form a 45 degree angle. If all goes well, he should then wind up with two sticks, although one will be shortened to cos(45) and the other to sin(45), which although they'll be short, at least both will be short by the same amount, or approximately 70.7% of the original length.

That's all well and good, but if the drummer in your example is out of phase by 180 degrees - as would happen if he started a fill on '3' instead of '1', the sign implicit in the equations would reverse, and he (and/or, but not limited to) she would be in danger of suffocation under the weight* of sticks and socks entering the playing space.

* Weight is, of course, verbal short hand for the mass of an object here on Earth**

** And that was the only part of my post which had any actual bearing to life here on Earth,

of sticks and socks entering the playing space.

Add lighters and "damn-its".

A "damn-it" is any small object that is easy to drop and frustrating to use - for example the backs of earrings. Drum keys have gained "damn-it" status at my place.

A "damn-it" is any small object that is easy to drop and frustrating to use - for example the backs of earrings. Drum keys have gained "damn-it" status at my place.

Which leads to a conundrum: should I put a drum key on my keyring, so that I will always have one handy?

Or is there a risk that the drum key will pull the ring and all of my keys with it into the parallel universe (I think it's the one with all the guitar picks)?

I'm uncertain about this topic.

Which means that I can't observe what's happened without changing the outcome.

BA DUM TISH!!!

Heisenberg one-liners on a drum forum. Awesome.

Which leads to a conundrum: should I put a drum key on my keyring, so that I will always have one handy?

Or is there a risk that the drum key will pull the ring and all of my keys with it into the parallel universe (I think it's the one with all the guitar picks)?

No, you're fine.

Decoherence has got you covered when it comes to pulling you into parallel dimensions, however fine the boundaries...

What I did was buy a little backpack to keep all that stuff in. It's filled with sticks and drum odd's n ends; muffles, cymbal sleeves/felts, small practice pad, a few pages of stuff to go over, etc. Usually it's at home next to the kit, whenever I need to head out for a jam/rehearsal/show, I take the pack with me. It's really easy to just put the keys back in the bag when I'm done, and for that matter, there's like 3 drum keys in there anyway, so losing one doesn't mean I'm without it.

I've lost a few nuggets in that dimensional portal. From what I heard, last March it sucked a plane right out of the sky.

Back