A few quick group shots of my snares!

Dirtysticks

I had to change a few heads on a few of my snares so I decided to get a couple quick group shots! I wasn't trying to do a peo photo shoot, so some may be blurry/bad lighting, ect. Sorry! lol

A few more!

Nice collection! Do you have some favorites? I only own 4 at the moment though they cover a lot of ground sound-wise.

Nice collection! Do you have some favorites? I only own 4 at the moment though they cover a lot of ground sound-wise.

I love them all but I'm stuck on my Premier 7x14 Signia seamless brass, The DW Edge 6x14, 6.5 bronze... I could on and on, they all have a special place,

The pawn addict strikes again.

What's the gold one above the edge?

The pawn addict strikes again.

What's the gold one above the edge?

That's a brass on brass One-off from WorldMax! A true BEAST!!!!

Nice collection.

More snares than I like to keep around though. I'm down to 9 and looking to thin further.
But a good deal on a snare you've been considering, or some eye catching impulse buy, is hard to pass up - ha ha.

Ha! I love this thread!

Snare drum collecting. Welcome to the dark side. By the way, it never ends. There is ALWAYS another fantastic snare drum.

BTW, time to start on vintage drums. ;)

Try to get some brass 1920's Ludwig and Ludwig's and Leedy's.

I am currently considering spending 12 grand on a Slingerland BB.

It never ends! :D

And it never stops...

I traded in a Remo Acousticon and a Pitted, overly rusted, out of round Rogers Dynasonic with a cracked shell and broken throw off (It was given to me) for this Drum Workshop 5.5x14 Nickel over Brass! I like how I made out in this trade. This is a nice little sleeper drum that can be had for cheap and it sounds really good to my ears with a Coated Emperor or Remo X14.

I also sold a Pearl Masters 6.5x14 and a Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute 5.5x14 and I now have a Craviotto 6x14 Mahogany and a Mapex Black Panther (Precious Metals) 6.5x14 Phosphor Bronze now on layaway.

Attachments

• dw 1.jpg
    dw 1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 162
  • dw 2.jpg
    dw 2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 160
  • dw 3.jpg
    dw 3.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 170
Ha! I love this thread!

Snare drum collecting. Welcome to the dark side. By the way, it never ends. There is ALWAYS another fantastic snare drum.

BTW, time to start on vintage drums. ;)

Try to get some brass 1920's Ludwig and Ludwig's and Leedy's.

I am currently considering spending 12 grand on a Slingerland BB.

It never ends! :D

I definitely need to start going really vintage!!
Wow, how can you chose the right one for a given situation? I only own five snares, and I already have serious troubles deciding which one to use …

It can be a daunting task at times, but typically I have a certain sound in my head and I instantly know which snares give me that sound... then I just pick one or take a few just in case I change my mind at the last minute.
And here I thought I was obsessive with 15...

I have a problem! LOL

Nice man! You should lend me a couple! Haha just kidding, awesome collection :)

Thanks!! LOL

Nice collection.

More snares than I like to keep around though. I'm down to 9 and looking to thin further.
But a good deal on a snare you've been considering, or some eye catching impulse buy, is hard to pass up - ha ha.

I used to have over 25 snare drums! lol

Just for fun: I know that it depends from the situation and the band and the weather and the mood and this and that, but should you chose just ONE of them for its versatility, its easy tuning, its aesthetics, the sensation it gives you when you hit it, well, which one would you chose?

Just for fun: I know that it depends from the situation and the band and the weather and the mood and this and that, but should you chose just ONE of them for its versatility, its easy tuning, its aesthetics, the sensation it gives you when you hit it, well, which one would you chose?

It's very close between my Premier Signia 7x14 seamless brass, my 6.5x14 World Max Bronze and my DW Jazz Series 5x14 (Maple/Gum). If I had to choose just one, it would be the DW Jazz Series. I'm just glad that I don't have to choose lol... the Edge is the most versatile but it sounds soooooo good, and so do the rest of them!

Back